- This little jewel has been in my humidor for about a year. #PadronFamilyReserve #cigar instagram.com/p/BKrXukhjhi7/ 4 days ago
- OMG! Left the office an hour ago. Battery was at 24%. Cluster f&/k on K Street. Battery now at 10%. #anxious 4 days ago
- I predict a Cuban cigar will be had VERY soon! 6 days ago
- Thanks @andpizza for the early birthday present. Love paying with the &pizza app! 1 week ago
- Just a little mid day jam. ♬ 'Freak Like Me' - Howard, Adina ♪ moby.to/p89o3e 1 week ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Tag Archives: Muriel Bowser
October 6, 2012Posted by on
This afternoon was the Columbia Heights Day Festival in Ward 1 along the football field Harriet Tubman Elementary School. For its sixth year, I was really surprised at not only the low turnout, but also the number of empty booths and tables.
Perhaps it is because two years ago they moved the date from the spring to the fall, and then last year, there was that whole thing with the hurricane. Details.
None the less, there were face paintings, farm animals, musicians, and of course, politicians in attendance. The first booth I found was that of my good friend Pat Mara, School Board Member for Ward 1.
Then I wandered over to Mary Brooks Beatty’s tent. She is running for DC Council, At-Large.
I was able to hang out with my new friend Alex Gallo and catch up on his campaign for ANC. I also saw Councilmember Jim Graham (it is his ward) and Councilmember Muriel Bowser (she will be running for Mayor soon). At least Ms. Bowser was polite and shook my hand when I introduced myself to her. Why was Graham following her around like a little puppy?
Lastly, I was introduced for the first time to Mary Lord, who’s running for the At-Large School Board seat. Hmmmm, I don’t know about her.
Hopefully, the festival can get its act together for next year in time to have an outstanding festival the way 17th Street has done in three years it’s been in existence.