- This little jewel has been in my humidor for about a year. #PadronFamilyReserve #cigar instagram.com/p/BKrXukhjhi7/ 4 days ago
- OMG! Left the office an hour ago. Battery was at 24%. Cluster f&/k on K Street. Battery now at 10%. #anxious 4 days ago
- I predict a Cuban cigar will be had VERY soon! 6 days ago
- Thanks @andpizza for the early birthday present. Love paying with the &pizza app! 1 week ago
- Just a little mid day jam. ♬ 'Freak Like Me' - Howard, Adina ♪ moby.to/p89o3e 1 week ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Tag Archives: Matt Pinnell
December 2, 2012Posted by on
I read a Politico posting this afternoon suggesting that former Congressman J.C. Watts may jump in the race for RNC Chairman next month. An interesting proposition.
But let’s look at a few basic facts. Mr. Watts says he is being “encouraged” by supporters to run. Who are these supporters? They don’t seem to be current members of the RNC. In fact, the article points out that Matt Pinnell, the Chairman of the Oklahoma Party and one of the 168 who will vote for the next RNC Chairman is backing Priebus for reelection.
While a cursory look at the RNC Rules does allow for a non-member to run for Chair or Vice-Chair, in order to be nominated, one must have the support of at least the majority vote of RNC members in each of three states in order to have his or her names placed in nomination. So where does he go for those initial votes if his home state chairman is supporting Priebus? And even if he were to get nominated, where does he get the votes? Preibus already has 130 of the 168 votes locked up.
I am not saying the Mr. Watts wouldn’t be a good chairman. But there is no groundswell within the voting membership of the RNC to replace Priebus with Watts, or anyone else, for that matter.
My belief is that in six weeks, down in Charlotte, Reince will be nominated and reelected by acclamation. I just don’t see any other outcome. But stranger things have happened.