- Wait! WHAT?!!! LOL twitter.com/anncoulter/sta… 4 days ago
- A true trailblazer has left us | Edie Windsor, the mother of marriage equality, has died lgbtqnation.com/2017/09/edie-w… 5 days ago
- RT @AdamsMorganDay: Add your photos to our Adams Morgan Day Flickr pool! bit.ly/AdMoDayphotos 1 week ago
- Smooth sailing? It looks like @MayorBowser may not have a major challenger in her re-election bid. dcist.com/2017/09/dc_att… 1 week ago
- How do you sleep for 11 hours and wake up tired? Ugh! 1 week ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Tag Archives: Independence Day
July 4, 2013Posted by on
As America celebrates her 237th Independence Day, we live in a land that’s a little more free. Today, there is a little bit more to celebrate. We’re not completely there yet, but we have and we will continue to persevere.
Last week, the Supreme Court struck down Section 3 of the Defense of Marriage Act, which takes us one step closer to full equality for the LGBT. That section had barred the federal government from recognizing same-sex marriages in states where it was legal.
There are still questions and issues to sort out, but today, we can clearly say that we are moving in the right direction.
And in the words of former Vice President Dick Cheney, “Freedom means freedom for everyone.”