- RT @NFLonFOX: A look at @TroyAikman's reaction to his former coach @JimmyJohnson joining the Hall of Fame. #FootballIsFamily https://t.co… 5 days ago
- RT @JonathanTurley: In reality, a jury of politicians judging the alleged use of public office for personal gain is like having the Pirates… 2 weeks ago
- RT @TheAdvocateMag: If this doesn't put you in the holiday spirit, nothing will! advocate.com/music/2019/12/… 3 weeks ago
- .@celiargooding @kathryng @PattenLauren @AntonioCip_ @DerekKlena Such a powerful and amazing performance! Saw your… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- RT @PitchersDC: Wanna hear a song? Now you can. We added a @TouchTunes juke Box in 1st base. https://t.co/aEOWn77Llk 4 months ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Tag Archives: Independence Day
July 4, 2013Posted by on
As America celebrates her 237th Independence Day, we live in a land that’s a little more free. Today, there is a little bit more to celebrate. We’re not completely there yet, but we have and we will continue to persevere.
Last week, the Supreme Court struck down Section 3 of the Defense of Marriage Act, which takes us one step closer to full equality for the LGBT. That section had barred the federal government from recognizing same-sex marriages in states where it was legal.
There are still questions and issues to sort out, but today, we can clearly say that we are moving in the right direction.
And in the words of former Vice President Dick Cheney, “Freedom means freedom for everyone.”