- The first woman to start a bank — a black woman — finally gets her due in the Confederacy’s capital washingtonpost.com/news/retropoli… 1 day ago
- Newly Disclosed Clinton-era Memo Says Presidents Can Be Indicted nytimes.com/interactive/20… 1 day ago
- Welcome to Golden, Colorado! https://t.co/23dRKRigLN 2 days ago
- RT @EWErickson: So we can't trust Mueller b/c too many of his staff gave money to Democrats. But we can trust Scaramucci who, like Trump,… 2 days ago
- In the words of Dave Matthews singing Typical Situation Live, "Lost somewhere in Red Rocks...." https://t.co/5zl439gpek 2 days ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Tag Archives: Independence Day
July 4, 2013Posted by on
As America celebrates her 237th Independence Day, we live in a land that’s a little more free. Today, there is a little bit more to celebrate. We’re not completely there yet, but we have and we will continue to persevere.
Last week, the Supreme Court struck down Section 3 of the Defense of Marriage Act, which takes us one step closer to full equality for the LGBT. That section had barred the federal government from recognizing same-sex marriages in states where it was legal.
There are still questions and issues to sort out, but today, we can clearly say that we are moving in the right direction.
And in the words of former Vice President Dick Cheney, “Freedom means freedom for everyone.”