- I hear Jerusalem bells a-ringing Roman cavalry choirs are singing 18 hours ago
- My Uber bf is my my UberX again. I got in and he smiled and said "Hey buddy!" #swoon 19 hours ago
- How can one be so tone deaf? | Kushner used private email to conduct White House business politico.com/story/2017/09/… #ButTheEmails 1 day ago
- Wait! WHAT?!!! LOL twitter.com/anncoulter/sta… 1 week ago
- A true trailblazer has left us | Edie Windsor, the mother of marriage equality, has died lgbtqnation.com/2017/09/edie-w… 1 week ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Tag Archives: Holiday Music
December 25, 2012Posted by on
Today, shopping malls start pumping in the “Christmas cheer” as early as October. And the artists of today produce seasonal songs that, to be kind, is extremely lacking.
Much like the holiday itself, Christmas music — err, holiday songs have become so commercial. These singers are churning out songs simply to make a buck. Hey, that is the American way. And as long as there’s a market for it, they will continue to do so.
To be fair, there have been a few songs here and there in recent years that will stand the test of time for the holidays. Mariah Carey’s “All I Want for Christmas is You” and Bryan Adams’ “Something About Christmas Time” comes to mind. But in my opinion, there hasn’t been a great release of a Christmas song, or songs since 1987’s A Very Special Christmas.
As a fundraising avenue for the Special Olypmics, A Very Special Christmas compiled songs from 15 of the biggest acts of the time. Listening to this CD still holds up through the years. Take a look at the amazing tracks below.