- RT @MAXMusic: WE’RE HAVING A BABY GIRL https://t.co/Gm1NReqwG8 3 days ago
- RT @celiargooding: I don’t want to see another hashtag. I don’t want to see another video. Stop killing black people. Stop sharing video… 1 month ago
- Time for a zoom happy hour and a @perdomocigars #Habano https://t.co/VlDkXPUCvY 2 months ago
- Nothing like an @AFuenteCigars #Hemingway #ShortStory before a Zoom happy hour. https://t.co/cfwu3rRdax 2 months ago
- He might be petite, he packs a good punch! @davidoffcigars #Yamasa #PetiteChurchill https://t.co/IAizV8iIG8 3 months ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Tag Archives: Christmas Music
December 25, 2012Posted by on
Today, shopping malls start pumping in the “Christmas cheer” as early as October. And the artists of today produce seasonal songs that, to be kind, is extremely lacking.
Much like the holiday itself, Christmas music — err, holiday songs have become so commercial. These singers are churning out songs simply to make a buck. Hey, that is the American way. And as long as there’s a market for it, they will continue to do so.
To be fair, there have been a few songs here and there in recent years that will stand the test of time for the holidays. Mariah Carey’s “All I Want for Christmas is You” and Bryan Adams’ “Something About Christmas Time” comes to mind. But in my opinion, there hasn’t been a great release of a Christmas song, or songs since 1987’s A Very Special Christmas.
As a fundraising avenue for the Special Olypmics, A Very Special Christmas compiled songs from 15 of the biggest acts of the time. Listening to this CD still holds up through the years. Take a look at the amazing tracks below.