- Bloomberg creeping up in Florida poll dcbigpappa.wordpress.com/2020/02/14/blo… https://t.co/duAfubEucE 1 week ago
- After NH, now what?! dcbigpappa.wordpress.com/2020/02/12/aft… 2 weeks ago
- Just started reading Mighty Be Our Powers by Nobel Peace Prize winner Leymah Gbowee after hearing her on… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- RT @NFLonFOX: A look at @TroyAikman's reaction to his former coach @JimmyJohnson joining the Hall of Fame. #FootballIsFamily https://t.co… 1 month ago
- RT @JonathanTurley: In reality, a jury of politicians judging the alleged use of public office for personal gain is like having the Pirates… 1 month ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Tag Archives: 4th of July
July 4, 2013Posted by on
As America celebrates her 237th Independence Day, we live in a land that’s a little more free. Today, there is a little bit more to celebrate. We’re not completely there yet, but we have and we will continue to persevere.
Last week, the Supreme Court struck down Section 3 of the Defense of Marriage Act, which takes us one step closer to full equality for the LGBT. That section had barred the federal government from recognizing same-sex marriages in states where it was legal.
There are still questions and issues to sort out, but today, we can clearly say that we are moving in the right direction.
And in the words of former Vice President Dick Cheney, “Freedom means freedom for everyone.”