- Smoking a @SanCristobalCigars #Revelation #Legend while listening to James Baldwin. #cigarlife #cigaraficionado… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 17 hours ago
- Yes, the weekend must end. But not before an @alecbradleycigar #FineAndRare. #cigarlife #cigaraficionado #dccigars… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Second cigar is a @nubcigars #TripleRoast. @ Shelly's Backroom Cigar Bar and Official Office of Chairman Phillips instagram.com/p/CFnh2f7hBiF/… 2 days ago
- It’s so good to back at @shellysbackroom! Smoking an @arturofuentecigars #Hemingway #Signature. Hanging out my boys… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Oops! I dropped my ash. @Diesel #Grind #toro. #cigarlife #cigaraficionado #dccigars @ Adams Morgan instagram.com/p/CFkxsZGh_hf/… 3 days ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Cigar Review: Romeo y Julieta Tubos #3
July 4, 2016Posted by on
It has been awhile since I’ve been on here. But this occasion, the celebration of the birth of our Nation is a good reason to return. And yes, I get the irony of smoke a Cuban on Independence Day.
This medium corona is the smallest from the Tubos series. It was a gift from a friend who was traveling abroad. I smoked this Cuban RyJ as I tried to watch the fireworks at Meridian Hill Park near my home. But it was too overcast and there was too much fog which prevented me from a good viewing. Although it was cool for a DC July night, it was very humid and muggy, not to mention wet. It had been raining off and on all day, and there was still some scattered showers.
There is not a lot of bang in this cigar, as it is medium in strength. It is heavy on woody flavors, and offers other flavors such as herbs and nuts. Took about 25 minutes to smoke, which is a little on the short side for me. But overall, it was not a bad smoke.
I give it 3 out of 5 stars.