- RT @StonewallBllrds: TONIGHT! @StonewallBllrds Semifinals and FINALS at @buffalobilldc! 2 hours ago
- What are you doing for Cinco de Mayo? Imma binge watch season 2 of @sense8 on @netflix with @BrianJacobSmith… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 22 hours ago
- Those in glass houses... washingtonexaminer.com/bernie-sanders… 2 days ago
- No #80sFriday, but I wanna know who you consider music royalty! You know, Elvis is The King, Aretha is the Queen of Soul. Who else? 3 days ago
- The resistance is weak! 5 days ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
On Independence Day
July 4, 2013Posted by on
As America celebrates her 237th Independence Day, we live in a land that’s a little more free. Today, there is a little bit more to celebrate. We’re not completely there yet, but we have and we will continue to persevere.
Last week, the Supreme Court struck down Section 3 of the Defense of Marriage Act, which takes us one step closer to full equality for the LGBT. That section had barred the federal government from recognizing same-sex marriages in states where it was legal.
There are still questions and issues to sort out, but today, we can clearly say that we are moving in the right direction.
And in the words of former Vice President Dick Cheney, “Freedom means freedom for everyone.”