- RT @Uber_Support: @DCbigpappa That's awesome! Just make sure you won't block the driver's view too much while doing "The Bird" dance. 12 hours ago
- My @Uber_DC Iba is rocking Morris Day & The Time. #JungleLove #ohweeohweeoh Definitely 5 Stars!!! 13 hours ago
- RT @StonewallBllrds: Get thyself to @NelliesDC for our Kick off Happy Hour! Tonight, 7:30-10:30. Teams will pick up their t-shirts for the … 1 day ago
- Sigh. Another great one gone. Maurice White of Earth, Wind & Fire dies. rollingstone.com/music/news/mau… 1 day ago
- Sad thing is they all do it. | RT @gwenifill Love when pols say they hate polls, then cite the ones they like. 2 days ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
LCR Issues Statement on House Republicans Defense of DOMA
January 4, 2013Posted by on
|For Immediate Release||Contact: Press Secretary
(Washington, DC) – Today, Log Cabin Republicans (LCR) Interim Executive Director, Gregory T. Angelo, released a statement criticizing House Republicans for their decision to incorporate ongoing counsel to uphold the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) into the new Congressional Rules.
The following is a response from the LCR Interim Executive Director, Gregory T. Angelo:
At a time when sound fiscal policy should be front-and-center, diverting taxpayer funds to defend the Federal Defense of Marriage Act should not be a priority, period. But the beltway buzz about Congressional Rules ignores the big picture: this debate would be nonexistent if DOMA was repealed. Following a week in which Republican Congressmen Richard Hanna and Charlie Bass joined Republican Congresswoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen in support of the Respect for Marriage Act and DOMA repeal, we urge the Republican Congress to focus on our core tenets of small government and avoid engaging in distracting social issues that do nothing more than provide political fodder to the left.
Copyright 2013 Log Cabin Republicans