- RT @RailTransitOPS: 1:00P Update: #WMATA is continuing to single track at #DupontCircle via the #ShadyGrove track Train delays are in exce… 6 days ago
- AVOID the red line if you can! Something’s going on between Dupont and Farr North. They are single tracking. #mess. @unsuckdcmetro 6 days ago
- About to watch Thomas Crown Affair for the first time. The original version. 2 weeks ago
- RT @dcfireems: Congratulations to the "Alley Rats", Engine 21 in @ItsAdamsMorgan, celebrating 109 years of dedicated service to the Distric… 3 weeks ago
- CityPaper staff balked when there was talk of a conservative buying the paper. Now, with no perspective buyer, curr… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
1776, a Book Review
July 23, 2012Posted by on
While this was definitely an enjoyable and educational experience, I found it a little lacking. Perhaps it was due my assumption that the subject matter was going to encompass all aspects of that era. But it had one singular focus — telling the story of the War of 1776.
It is quite obvious that Mr. McCullough did extensive research in preparation for this tome. I highly recommend it, especially for anyone who’s a history buff, or has a great love of war stories.
Not always a page turner, you will be highly enlightened and hear many new details of the battles won and lost during the American Revolution.