- RT @RailTransitOPS: 1:00P Update: #WMATA is continuing to single track at #DupontCircle via the #ShadyGrove track Train delays are in exce… 1 week ago
- AVOID the red line if you can! Something’s going on between Dupont and Farr North. They are single tracking. #mess. @unsuckdcmetro 1 week ago
- About to watch Thomas Crown Affair for the first time. The original version. 2 weeks ago
- RT @dcfireems: Congratulations to the "Alley Rats", Engine 21 in @ItsAdamsMorgan, celebrating 109 years of dedicated service to the Distric… 3 weeks ago
- CityPaper staff balked when there was talk of a conservative buying the paper. Now, with no perspective buyer, curr… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Log Cabin & Rep. Eric Cantor Agree: GOP Must Be “a Party of Inclusion”
July 20, 2012Posted by on
|For Immediate Release||Contact: Casey Pick
Log Cabin Republicans and Rep. Eric Cantor Agree: GOP Must Be “a Party of Inclusion”
(Washington, DC) – As the Republican National Convention approaches, Log Cabin Republicans agree strongly with Congressman Eric Cantor (R-VA) that the GOP “need[s] to be a party of inclusion, not exclusion.” In an interview with Buzzfeed, the congressman urged tolerance and acceptance of a diversity of opinion on issues including the freedom to marry.
“The Log Cabin Republicans motto is ‘inclusion wins,’ and it is encouraging to see conservative leaders like Majority Leader Cantor promoting that message as key to victory in 2012,” said R. Clarke Cooper, Log Cabin Republicans Executive Director. “From the Republican Party’s staunch support for candidates like Log Cabin member Richard Tisei to the leadership of conservative champions like Congresswoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-FL), there is increasing support for LGBT equality within the GOP. The march to victory in 2012 and beyond will require a big tent, respecting diversity of opinion while uniting around the core issues that unite us as Republicans. We are grateful to Majority Leader Cantor for leading the way.”
Copyright 2012 Log Cabin Republicans