- RT @seanspicer: Regarding dem attacks on @RepTomPrice : this is a stock trade worth $300.@You couldn’t get into a @SenSchumer fundraiser f… 2 hours ago
- So... Russian hacking creates a conniption, but it's ok to commute sentence of one who releases sensitive info & compromises natl security. 17 hours ago
- An hour later and heart beat is still racing. Is it a good thing I have a scheduled physical in the morning? 2 days ago
- I still LOVE my @dallascowboys! #CowboysNation 2 days ago
- Let's go COWBOYS!!!! @dallascowboys https://t.co/DZrrhV6yrT 2 days ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Romney Meets with Black People
July 11, 2012Posted by on
This morning, presumptive Republican Presidential nominee Mitt Romney spoke before the National Association for the Advancement of Colored
Folk People (NAACP). I didn’t get a chance to watch the video, but I have read most of the text of the speech. I encourage you to do the same before listening to the chattering class (on either side) later tonight on cable news. Read it for yourself. Big props to Kathleen McKinley of the Houston Chronicle for posting the entire transcript. Wasn’t able to find it anywhere else.
Thank you, Bishop Graves, for your generous introduction. Thanks also to President Ben Jealous and Chairman Roslyn Brock for the opportunity to be here this morning, and for your hospitality. It is an honor to address you.
You all know something of my background, and maybe you’ve wondered how any Republican ever becomes governor of Massachusetts in the first place. Well, in a state with 11 percent Republican registration, you don’t get there by just talking to Republicans. We have to make our case to every voter. We don’t count anybody out, and we sure don’t make a habit of presuming anyone’s support. Support is asked for and earned – and that’s why I’m here today. MORE…