- Great new (for most of you)! Doc says I’m NOT dying today. Sorry haters. LOL 5 days ago
- It’s not the monthly pass I had last month, but I’ll take it for the week. Thanks @Uber_DC ! https://t.co/dvZVwEdj0r 1 week ago
- A tropical storm forming in the Caribbean? South of Nicaragua? What the... 1 week ago
- Song of the Month! youtu.be/S3J_3mcOwdQ 2 weeks ago
- I hear Jerusalem bells a-ringing Roman cavalry choirs are singing 3 weeks ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
GOP Armed Services Chairman Says Gays in Military Settled Issue
June 25, 2012Posted by on
In case you missed this little tidbit on Fridayfrom the AP’s Donna Cassata, she reports that House Armed Services Committee Chairman, Buck McKeon (R-CA) has no plans to revisit Don’t Ask Don’t Tell under a Romney Adminstration.
Cassata writes, “The Republican chairman of the House Armed Services Committee said Thursday that allowing gays to serve openly in the military is a settled issue that he will not try to reverse even if Mitt Romney wins the presidency in November and the GOP captures the Senate.”
She goes on to report that the Chairman’s focus will be on “restoring money for the military after the latest round of defense cuts.”