- The first woman to start a bank — a black woman — finally gets her due in the Confederacy’s capital washingtonpost.com/news/retropoli… 2 days ago
- Newly Disclosed Clinton-era Memo Says Presidents Can Be Indicted nytimes.com/interactive/20… 2 days ago
- Welcome to Golden, Colorado! https://t.co/23dRKRigLN 3 days ago
- RT @EWErickson: So we can't trust Mueller b/c too many of his staff gave money to Democrats. But we can trust Scaramucci who, like Trump,… 3 days ago
- In the words of Dave Matthews singing Typical Situation Live, "Lost somewhere in Red Rocks...." https://t.co/5zl439gpek 3 days ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
GOP Armed Services Chairman Says Gays in Military Settled Issue
June 25, 2012Posted by on
In case you missed this little tidbit on Fridayfrom the AP’s Donna Cassata, she reports that House Armed Services Committee Chairman, Buck McKeon (R-CA) has no plans to revisit Don’t Ask Don’t Tell under a Romney Adminstration.
Cassata writes, “The Republican chairman of the House Armed Services Committee said Thursday that allowing gays to serve openly in the military is a settled issue that he will not try to reverse even if Mitt Romney wins the presidency in November and the GOP captures the Senate.”
She goes on to report that the Chairman’s focus will be on “restoring money for the military after the latest round of defense cuts.”