- RT @RailTransitOPS: 1:00P Update: #WMATA is continuing to single track at #DupontCircle via the #ShadyGrove track Train delays are in exce… 6 days ago
- AVOID the red line if you can! Something’s going on between Dupont and Farr North. They are single tracking. #mess. @unsuckdcmetro 6 days ago
- About to watch Thomas Crown Affair for the first time. The original version. 2 weeks ago
- RT @dcfireems: Congratulations to the "Alley Rats", Engine 21 in @ItsAdamsMorgan, celebrating 109 years of dedicated service to the Distric… 3 weeks ago
- CityPaper staff balked when there was talk of a conservative buying the paper. Now, with no perspective buyer, curr… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
GOP Armed Services Chairman Says Gays in Military Settled Issue
June 25, 2012Posted by on
In case you missed this little tidbit on Fridayfrom the AP’s Donna Cassata, she reports that House Armed Services Committee Chairman, Buck McKeon (R-CA) has no plans to revisit Don’t Ask Don’t Tell under a Romney Adminstration.
Cassata writes, “The Republican chairman of the House Armed Services Committee said Thursday that allowing gays to serve openly in the military is a settled issue that he will not try to reverse even if Mitt Romney wins the presidency in November and the GOP captures the Senate.”
She goes on to report that the Chairman’s focus will be on “restoring money for the military after the latest round of defense cuts.”