- RT @ladygaga: Nothing more beautiful than everyone putting their differences aside to help humanity in the face of catastrophe. #OneAmerica… 1 hour ago
- Great new (for most of you)! Doc says I’m NOT dying today. Sorry haters. LOL 1 week ago
- It’s not the monthly pass I had last month, but I’ll take it for the week. Thanks @Uber_DC ! https://t.co/dvZVwEdj0r 2 weeks ago
- A tropical storm forming in the Caribbean? South of Nicaragua? What the... 2 weeks ago
- Song of the Month! youtu.be/S3J_3mcOwdQ 2 weeks ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
The Tide is Turning Against Mr. Obama
June 4, 2012Posted by on
It appears that one of the President’s most ardent cheerleader is showing signs of a fickle pre-pubescant teenaged girl, ditching the starting quarterback because he got injured in a game. Maureen Down — Big M0 — penned her latest column, titled “Dreaming of a Superhero” and it’s pretty biting .
ON Friday night, the nation’s capital was under a tornado watch. And that was the best thing that happened to the White House all week.
Later, she laments that “The president who started off with such dazzle now seems incapable of stimulating either the economy or the voters,” as if Obama the quarterback has fumbled the ball and thrown several interceptions.
Her closing is just as telling. She carries on about Obama not being able to see the forest for the trees, being too caught in legacy. She simply says, “In some ways, he’s still finding himself, too absorbed to see what’s not working. But the White House is a very hard place to go on a vision quest, especially with a storm brewing. ”