- RT @RailTransitOPS: 1:00P Update: #WMATA is continuing to single track at #DupontCircle via the #ShadyGrove track Train delays are in exce… 6 days ago
- AVOID the red line if you can! Something’s going on between Dupont and Farr North. They are single tracking. #mess. @unsuckdcmetro 6 days ago
- About to watch Thomas Crown Affair for the first time. The original version. 2 weeks ago
- RT @dcfireems: Congratulations to the "Alley Rats", Engine 21 in @ItsAdamsMorgan, celebrating 109 years of dedicated service to the Distric… 3 weeks ago
- CityPaper staff balked when there was talk of a conservative buying the paper. Now, with no perspective buyer, curr… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
On Toby Quaranta
May 5, 2012Posted by on
This morning, a good friend of mine won a hotly contested election against an establishment candidate, a candidate who had the backing of the Wilson Building. Oh wait, that support carries as much weight as a Michelle Bachmann endorsement.
In spite of last minute shenanigans surrounding the credentialing of voters, Toby Quaranta is the new President of the DC Young Democrats. As you can imagine, Toby and I agree on very little politically. But Toby is a young man who has fresh ideas, is committed, dedicated, and will go places. He argues on the issues and rarely ventures into hyperbole.
Congratulations Toby! I look forward to sparring with you politically, and drinking with you socially.