- WTF South Texas?! 1 week ago
- Ho hum. My @Uber_DC pass is not a good deal this month. :-( 2 weeks ago
- Not even a last name. Well, at least they could have spelled my other name correctly... https://t.co/ognv9VFL3n 2 weeks ago
- The thing I look forward to the most on Halloween is to what @ActuallyNPH and his family dress up as! This year, on… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- Woke up to a random girl in my bed. First time THAT’S ever happened!!! #RoommateChronicles #NotWaltersRoom 2 weeks ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
A Beastie Boy Passes
May 4, 2012Posted by on
The line that sticks in my head right now is, “one lonely Beastie I be. All by myself without nobody.”
I just read over on WaPo that Adam Yauch, known as MCA has just passed away.
Adam Yauch, co-founder of the trailblazing hip-hop trio the Beastie Boys, has died at age 47. His death was first reported by GlobalGrind.com, the Web site of hip-hop mogul Russel Simmons. A person close to the group confirmed the report.
A cause of death was not disclosed, but Yauch — also known by his stage name, MCA — announced that he was being treated for cancer in 2009 after discovering a tumor in his salivary gland. He was not present when the Beastie Boys were inducted to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this April and his treatments have kept the band from touring since 2009.