- First time ordering @insomniacookies in @ItsAdamsMorgan. Time to get my triple chocolate chip on! Got one for my roommate too. #SidTheKid 3 hours ago
- RT @ItsAdamsMorgan: Adams Morgan Plaza Redevelopment Gets Green Light, With Conditions dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/… @AdamsMorganANC 8 hours ago
- Of course, 1.97 GB of Whitney Houston. 2 days ago
- 1.01 GB of Daryl Hall & John Oates (Hall & Oates). 3 days ago
- 1.96 GB of Guns & Roses. 3 days ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
HTJ Goes to Jail
May 3, 2012Posted by on
WJLA is reporting that former DC Ward 5 Councilmember Harry Thomas, Jr. was just sentenced to 38 months behind bars for embezzling hundreds of thousands of dollars in funds earmarked for youth sports programs. He was also sentenced to 36 months probation.
Prosecutors said that the judge needed to impose 46 month sentence to send a strong message to other public officials. The Defense wanted 18 months and six months home detention with 1500 hours community service.
This all came about because in 2010, his Republican opponent, my friend Tim Day, revealed these shenanigans. At first, most of the Democratic establishment and media swept it aside, until a federal prosecutor stepped in.
Tim Day is now running to replace Thomas in a special election to take place May 15th.