- RT @DCGOP: RT @willsommer Jeff Thompson’s shadow campaign in three charts. washingtoncitypaper.com/blogs/looselip… http://t.co/slbA6tMfPz 18 hours ago
- RT @kcivey: Yet another Evans mailer today, this one reminding me that he'll do anything for you if you own a sports team. #DCision14 19 hours ago
- RT @matthewhurtt: .@LogCabinGOP's @gregorytangelo talking to the Alexandria YRs. Really good discussion. http://t.co/OiYtfVQmJ3 19 hours ago
- RT @RuPaulsDragRace RT if you knew the Carol Channing, "I don't remember eating corn..." reference in #Untucked! 19 hours ago
- So happy to see Hollis Doyle back in the thick of it on Scandal! @Scandal_Moments @GreggHenry88 19 hours ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
HTJ Goes to Jail
May 3, 2012Posted by on
WJLA is reporting that former DC Ward 5 Councilmember Harry Thomas, Jr. was just sentenced to 38 months behind bars for embezzling hundreds of thousands of dollars in funds earmarked for youth sports programs. He was also sentenced to 36 months probation.
Prosecutors said that the judge needed to impose 46 month sentence to send a strong message to other public officials. The Defense wanted 18 months and six months home detention with 1500 hours community service.
This all came about because in 2010, his Republican opponent, my friend Tim Day, revealed these shenanigans. At first, most of the Democratic establishment and media swept it aside, until a federal prosecutor stepped in.
Tim Day is now running to replace Thomas in a special election to take place May 15th.