- WTF South Texas?! 1 week ago
- Ho hum. My @Uber_DC pass is not a good deal this month. :-( 2 weeks ago
- Not even a last name. Well, at least they could have spelled my other name correctly... https://t.co/ognv9VFL3n 2 weeks ago
- The thing I look forward to the most on Halloween is to what @ActuallyNPH and his family dress up as! This year, on… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- Woke up to a random girl in my bed. First time THAT’S ever happened!!! #RoommateChronicles #NotWaltersRoom 2 weeks ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
The Bully vs. The Racist
April 26, 2012Posted by on
So yesterday morning was the monthly DC Mayor-Council Breakfast, roundtable-style. One can always expect some kind of shitshow to happen or to be said. And today, they didn’t disappoint.
The first topic discussed was the Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP). The SYEP is a locally funded initiative sponsored by the Department of Employment Services (DOES) that “provides District youth ages 14 to 21 with enriching and constructive summer work experiences through subsidized placements in the private and government sectors.”
Councilmember Michael Brown pleaded that “we shouldn’t give up” on kids who aren’t doing well in school.
And Council-racist Marion Barry retorted, “I can hardly sit in my seat and listen. “This kind of thinking has gotten us into the trouble we’re in now.”
Then Barry directed his comments to Catania and said, “David you’re out if touch! We have to do all we can to save these kids.” To which Catania simply said, “40 years of this is enough.” But of course, Catania couldn’t leave well enough alone and concluded, aimed directly back at Barry,
“Are you Miss Cleo? Can you look in my head and know what I’m thinking?”
This, ladies and gentlemen, is our Council. Overpaid, underworked, with little ethics between the lot of them. #SMH.