- WTF South Texas?! 1 week ago
- Ho hum. My @Uber_DC pass is not a good deal this month. :-( 2 weeks ago
- Not even a last name. Well, at least they could have spelled my other name correctly... https://t.co/ognv9VFL3n 2 weeks ago
- The thing I look forward to the most on Halloween is to what @ActuallyNPH and his family dress up as! This year, on… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- Woke up to a random girl in my bed. First time THAT’S ever happened!!! #RoommateChronicles #NotWaltersRoom 2 weeks ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Morning Shot: April 18, 2012
April 18, 2012Posted by on
- Birthday Shots
Today’s birthday shot goes out to my good friend Andy Walker, who used to be a neighbor of mine back on Freedom Way (Penn Ave.). He had to go and ruin a good thing by moving. And by good thing, I mean cigar night every other week. A shot also goes out to a person I refer to as The Sheriff. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise, but Casey Pick runs the LCR National office. Nothing goes on there or within any of our chapters without her knowing about it. She’s a great person and a great friend. Happy birthday, Casey and Andy!
- A Conversation with Police Chief Cathy Lanier
Tonight, the DC Chapter of Log Cabin Republicans will host Police Chief Cathy Lanier to have a conversation to address the recent string of violent attacks towards members of the LGBT community. We expect Chief Lanier to discuss the recent arrest in the IHOP incident, as well as other hate-crime related activities around the District. After Chief Lanier’s presentation, she will entertain a Q&A with members and guests.
- 311? There’s an App for That!
Borderstan reports that last week, Mayor Vincent Gray’s office announced the launch of DC’s new smart-phone application, DC311 See Click Fix. The app allows citizens to use their iPhone or Android mobile device to make service requests, including complaints about trash, potholes, graffiti and illegal dumping.
- Song of the Day: “If You Could Read My Mind,” by Stars on 54
This song is was recorded for the soundtrack of the 1998 film, 54, which starred Mike Myers as Steve Rubell, owner of the Studio 54 nightclub. It was a cover dance version of the 1970 Gordon Lightfoot song. This version always gets the blood pumping and flowing through the body.