- Hello Denver! 6 hours ago
- Artist of the Day: The Black Crowes. Fave songs 1) Hard to Handle 2) She Talks to Angels 3) Remedy https://t.co/VXtVUlfRIr 1 day ago
- Soooo happy to see @thescottevans on TV again! And the unstoppable @VWOfficial !! #werk @DaytimeDivas #guilypleasure 2 days ago
- Artist of the Day: Shawn Mendes Fave songs: (1) Treat You Better (2) There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (3) Mercy https://t.co/ZLqFmEqEt8 4 days ago
- Sky opened up about 30 min earlier than expect. #wetpappa 1 week ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Morning Shot: April 16, 2012
April 16, 2012Posted by on
- Birthday Shots
Today’s birthday shots go out to two good friend, Steven Walker and Marc Morgan. I met Steven too many years ago at JRs on 17th Street, and we’ve somehow managed not to hate each other over the years. HA! Marc I met a couple of years ago when he ran for DC Council. While he did not claim victory in that endeavor, he has gone on to become President of the LeDroit Park Civic Association, and was recently elected to the national board of Log Cabin Republicans. Tonight, Marc is having a “Spring Fling” at Bar 9, with donations being collected for the Wanda Alston House from 6pm-9pm.
- Emancipation Day
DC will celebrate the 150th anniversary of Emancipation Day today. On this day in 1862, President Abraham Lincoln signed the Compensated Emancipation Act for the release of “certain persons held to service or labor in the District of Columbia.” The Act freed about 3,100 enslaved persons in the District of Columbia nine months before President Lincoln issued his famous Emancipation Proclamation.
- Best Buy Closings in the Area
Over the weekend, the Wall Street Journal published a list of the 50 stores that Best Buy intends to close in the next 30 days. Two of those stores are in the greater Baltimore-Washington area. One is at the Inner Harbor of Baltimore, and the other is at Landmark Mall in Alexandria, VA. There is one other in Hunt Valley, MD, and two others in the Commonwealth – in Fredericksburg and Richmond.
- Herndon Graddick is GLAAD
Multiple media reports have announced that GLAAD, the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, has selected its current Vice President of Programs and Communications to lead the organization. Graddick is responsible for many recent achievements, including “Stand Up For Ellen,” GLAAD’s response to the One Million Moms boycott of J.C. Penney, and GLAAD’s recent Commentator Accountability Project (CAP) which tracks comments from more than three dozen anti-gay pundits like Maggie Gallagher and Tony Perkins.