- RT @ladygaga: Nothing more beautiful than everyone putting their differences aside to help humanity in the face of catastrophe. #OneAmerica… 17 hours ago
- Great new (for most of you)! Doc says I’m NOT dying today. Sorry haters. LOL 1 week ago
- It’s not the monthly pass I had last month, but I’ll take it for the week. Thanks @Uber_DC ! https://t.co/dvZVwEdj0r 2 weeks ago
- A tropical storm forming in the Caribbean? South of Nicaragua? What the... 2 weeks ago
- Song of the Month! youtu.be/S3J_3mcOwdQ 2 weeks ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Morning Shot: April 13, 2012
April 13, 2012Posted by on
- Birthday Shots
A birthday shot today go out to another friend from my Capitol Hill days. Jenny Silva, who is both beautiful on the outside and inside, gets a little bit longer in the tooth. Are Dewey Days in your new future, Jen?
It’s official! Cab riders in the District will soon pay more for most trips after the D.C. Taxicab Commission voted unanimously Wednesday to give final approval to a fare hike that’s been in the works for months. Read the WaPo article about it here.
- Able to Leap Taller Buildings
If you haven’t already heard, there’s new momentum to relax federal building-height limits in the District, reopening decades-old debates about the look, feel and character of the city as well as whether the restrictions stifle economic growth. It appears that both Mayor Vincent Gray and Congressman Darrell Issa (R-CA) agree on increasing the limit of most city buildings above 130 feet.
- Crepes R Us
New Columbia Heights blog recently announced that Coffy Cafe, “the tasty little crepe and coffee shop at 3310 14th Street NW, is holding their grand opening celebration this Saturday from 3 to 7 pm.” They go on to say that they’ve been open a few weeks but decided to have a special event. Here’s the important part! There’s a 3 pm ribbon cutting, door prizes, and a free chocolate Nutella crepe for the first 100 people.