- RT @RailTransitOPS: 1:00P Update: #WMATA is continuing to single track at #DupontCircle via the #ShadyGrove track Train delays are in exce… 1 week ago
- AVOID the red line if you can! Something’s going on between Dupont and Farr North. They are single tracking. #mess. @unsuckdcmetro 1 week ago
- About to watch Thomas Crown Affair for the first time. The original version. 2 weeks ago
- RT @dcfireems: Congratulations to the "Alley Rats", Engine 21 in @ItsAdamsMorgan, celebrating 109 years of dedicated service to the Distric… 3 weeks ago
- CityPaper staff balked when there was talk of a conservative buying the paper. Now, with no perspective buyer, curr… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Morning Shot: April 13, 2012
April 13, 2012Posted by on
- Birthday Shots
A birthday shot today go out to another friend from my Capitol Hill days. Jenny Silva, who is both beautiful on the outside and inside, gets a little bit longer in the tooth. Are Dewey Days in your new future, Jen?
It’s official! Cab riders in the District will soon pay more for most trips after the D.C. Taxicab Commission voted unanimously Wednesday to give final approval to a fare hike that’s been in the works for months. Read the WaPo article about it here.
- Able to Leap Taller Buildings
If you haven’t already heard, there’s new momentum to relax federal building-height limits in the District, reopening decades-old debates about the look, feel and character of the city as well as whether the restrictions stifle economic growth. It appears that both Mayor Vincent Gray and Congressman Darrell Issa (R-CA) agree on increasing the limit of most city buildings above 130 feet.
- Crepes R Us
New Columbia Heights blog recently announced that Coffy Cafe, “the tasty little crepe and coffee shop at 3310 14th Street NW, is holding their grand opening celebration this Saturday from 3 to 7 pm.” They go on to say that they’ve been open a few weeks but decided to have a special event. Here’s the important part! There’s a 3 pm ribbon cutting, door prizes, and a free chocolate Nutella crepe for the first 100 people.