- Okay Lefties, here's a good line for you to use. Definitely gave me the lulz. twitter.com/ananavarro/sta… 1 day ago
- Asked a/b Sen McCaskil's comments, Sen McCain said "Joe Lieberman has more experience than all of my Dem colleagues combined so screw them!" 4 days ago
- Excellent choice! | Former FBI Head Mueller to Oversee Russia Probe 6 days ago
- Hey @DCCirculator, perhaps this why you're losing riders. #RushHour https://t.co/ioGtiH3I89 6 days ago
- Chaffetz has already announced his retirement, so he gives zero f!&ks. twitter.com/jasoninthehous… 6 days ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Morning Shot: April 13, 2012
April 13, 2012Posted by on
- Birthday Shots
A birthday shot today go out to another friend from my Capitol Hill days. Jenny Silva, who is both beautiful on the outside and inside, gets a little bit longer in the tooth. Are Dewey Days in your new future, Jen?
It’s official! Cab riders in the District will soon pay more for most trips after the D.C. Taxicab Commission voted unanimously Wednesday to give final approval to a fare hike that’s been in the works for months. Read the WaPo article about it here.
- Able to Leap Taller Buildings
If you haven’t already heard, there’s new momentum to relax federal building-height limits in the District, reopening decades-old debates about the look, feel and character of the city as well as whether the restrictions stifle economic growth. It appears that both Mayor Vincent Gray and Congressman Darrell Issa (R-CA) agree on increasing the limit of most city buildings above 130 feet.
- Crepes R Us
New Columbia Heights blog recently announced that Coffy Cafe, “the tasty little crepe and coffee shop at 3310 14th Street NW, is holding their grand opening celebration this Saturday from 3 to 7 pm.” They go on to say that they’ve been open a few weeks but decided to have a special event. Here’s the important part! There’s a 3 pm ribbon cutting, door prizes, and a free chocolate Nutella crepe for the first 100 people.