- RT @RailTransitOPS: 1:00P Update: #WMATA is continuing to single track at #DupontCircle via the #ShadyGrove track Train delays are in exce… 1 week ago
- AVOID the red line if you can! Something’s going on between Dupont and Farr North. They are single tracking. #mess. @unsuckdcmetro 1 week ago
- About to watch Thomas Crown Affair for the first time. The original version. 2 weeks ago
- RT @dcfireems: Congratulations to the "Alley Rats", Engine 21 in @ItsAdamsMorgan, celebrating 109 years of dedicated service to the Distric… 3 weeks ago
- CityPaper staff balked when there was talk of a conservative buying the paper. Now, with no perspective buyer, curr… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Will the BlackBerry Go the Way of the Dodo Bird?
April 9, 2012Posted by on
Thanks to my good friend British Pat (@britishpat) for pointing out this op-ed in the latest issue of Forbes Magazine. The piece talks about the trajectory that the BlackBerry was on a few short years ago versus what we are seeing today, with its executive layoffs and plummeting revenue and stock price.
The article ends with a somewhat precipitous question: “How long will it be before Apple’s iPhone and Google’s Android meet a similar fate?” Things that make you go, hmmmmmm.