- WTF South Texas?! 2 weeks ago
- Ho hum. My @Uber_DC pass is not a good deal this month. :-( 2 weeks ago
- Not even a last name. Well, at least they could have spelled my other name correctly... https://t.co/ognv9VFL3n 2 weeks ago
- The thing I look forward to the most on Halloween is to what @ActuallyNPH and his family dress up as! This year, on… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- Woke up to a random girl in my bed. First time THAT’S ever happened!!! #RoommateChronicles #NotWaltersRoom 3 weeks ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
DC Cabs, Talk About Rediculous!
April 4, 2012Posted by on
According to DCist and the Washington Examiner, higher cab rates are in the not-too-distant future for DC residents, commuters and tourists. On or around April 21st, riders will see rates go from $1.50 per mile to $2.16. Go ahead and grab your calculators. That’s an increase of 44 percent… for the same crappy service.
But wait for the rub!
Even if the new rates kick in on time, it’s likely to take until May for all of the District’s cabs to start charging the higher fees. It will take that long for all of the cabs to have their meters recalibrated, Linton said. In the meantime, passengers flagging down cabs won’t be able to tell which cabs have the new rates and which don’t.