- Day 2 begins.... #MG18 https://t.co/JcvlPYHYt6 1 week ago
- Chillin’ in Bywater waiting for some ribs. #MG18 #NOLA @ The Joint instagram.com/p/Be6axOClA-K/ 1 week ago
- RT @RailTransitOPS: 1:00P Update: #WMATA is continuing to single track at #DupontCircle via the #ShadyGrove track Train delays are in exce… 1 month ago
- AVOID the red line if you can! Something’s going on between Dupont and Farr North. They are single tracking. #mess. @unsuckdcmetro 1 month ago
- About to watch Thomas Crown Affair for the first time. The original version. 1 month ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
DC Cabs, Talk About Rediculous!
April 4, 2012Posted by on
According to DCist and the Washington Examiner, higher cab rates are in the not-too-distant future for DC residents, commuters and tourists. On or around April 21st, riders will see rates go from $1.50 per mile to $2.16. Go ahead and grab your calculators. That’s an increase of 44 percent… for the same crappy service.
But wait for the rub!
Even if the new rates kick in on time, it’s likely to take until May for all of the District’s cabs to start charging the higher fees. It will take that long for all of the cabs to have their meters recalibrated, Linton said. In the meantime, passengers flagging down cabs won’t be able to tell which cabs have the new rates and which don’t.