- It seems just weeks ago newly elected French President Macron was riding high on approval & Americans feigning over… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 hours ago
- Just heard @CarlCameronFOX is retiring after 22 years. 😢 #CampaignCarl is the best!!! Ran into him at many political events over the years. 21 hours ago
- He was trying to save face on news the councils were disintegrating. Strategy Forum planned to inform the WH b4 making announcement public. 1 week ago
- RT @DougHeye: After that Trump press conference, I don't know how I can tell any minority why they should vote Republican. 1 week ago
- 2 days ago, he says he has tons of CEOs wanting to join. Now he disbands business advisory councils after more CEOs quit. 1 week ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
DC Cabs, Talk About Rediculous!
April 4, 2012Posted by on
According to DCist and the Washington Examiner, higher cab rates are in the not-too-distant future for DC residents, commuters and tourists. On or around April 21st, riders will see rates go from $1.50 per mile to $2.16. Go ahead and grab your calculators. That’s an increase of 44 percent… for the same crappy service.
But wait for the rub!
Even if the new rates kick in on time, it’s likely to take until May for all of the District’s cabs to start charging the higher fees. It will take that long for all of the cabs to have their meters recalibrated, Linton said. In the meantime, passengers flagging down cabs won’t be able to tell which cabs have the new rates and which don’t.