- WTF South Texas?! 1 week ago
- Ho hum. My @Uber_DC pass is not a good deal this month. :-( 2 weeks ago
- Not even a last name. Well, at least they could have spelled my other name correctly... https://t.co/ognv9VFL3n 2 weeks ago
- The thing I look forward to the most on Halloween is to what @ActuallyNPH and his family dress up as! This year, on… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- Woke up to a random girl in my bed. First time THAT’S ever happened!!! #RoommateChronicles #NotWaltersRoom 2 weeks ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Leave Martin Austermuhle Alone!
March 29, 2012Posted by on
Some not so useful idiots have taken to the interwebs to lambast DCist’s Editor-in-Chief because he tweeted and blogged about a news story that was of interest to, I don’t know, people who live and work in the greater metropolitan Washington, DC area.
On Monday, Martin Austermuhle sent out a tweet alerting chicken lovers to “rejoice” in news that a Chick-Fil-A food truck would be coming to DC on April 9th.
It wasn’t long before the snarkfest began. People started responding as if Martin had personally attacked them, going as far as openly inquiring “Is Martin Austermuhle an anti-gay bigot?” Queerty gets into the mix by extolling, “He should have known better.’
To be sure, yes, Chick-Fil-A contributes to organizations that are anti-gay. And yes, people have a right to boycott an establishment for what ever the reason they choose. This is a free society.
But Martin Austermuhle is a good blogger, a good journalist, and a good guy. I don’t know him personally, but I would call him a Twitter-friend. And I’m standing up for my friend, Twitter or otherwise. Leave Martin Austermuhle alone!