- RT @ladygaga: Nothing more beautiful than everyone putting their differences aside to help humanity in the face of catastrophe. #OneAmerica… 18 hours ago
- Great new (for most of you)! Doc says I’m NOT dying today. Sorry haters. LOL 1 week ago
- It’s not the monthly pass I had last month, but I’ll take it for the week. Thanks @Uber_DC ! https://t.co/dvZVwEdj0r 2 weeks ago
- A tropical storm forming in the Caribbean? South of Nicaragua? What the... 2 weeks ago
- Song of the Month! youtu.be/S3J_3mcOwdQ 2 weeks ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Geraldo Rivera has pissed me off!
March 23, 2012Posted by on
As the country learns more about the unnecessary killing of young Trayvon Martin in Florida, the media, of course, chimes in with its delusional wisdom.
Enter Geraldo Rivera, who, like a cockroach, will survive even a nuclear winter. In a segment of Fox News Channel’s Fox & Friends, Rivera claims that the shooting can partially be traced back to Martin’s clothing choice: a hoodie.
He gets more stupid… He goes on to say that people associate the hoodie with crime.
“You have to recognize that this whole stylizing yourself as a gangster– you’re going to be a gangster want-to-be. Well, people are going to perceive you as a menace, that’s what happens.”
Funny. I see skinny white boys walking around Dupont Circle all the time with their hoodies on. They don’t look menacing, or like a “gangster want-to-be.”