- RT @RailTransitOPS: 1:00P Update: #WMATA is continuing to single track at #DupontCircle via the #ShadyGrove track Train delays are in exce… 1 week ago
- AVOID the red line if you can! Something’s going on between Dupont and Farr North. They are single tracking. #mess. @unsuckdcmetro 1 week ago
- About to watch Thomas Crown Affair for the first time. The original version. 2 weeks ago
- RT @dcfireems: Congratulations to the "Alley Rats", Engine 21 in @ItsAdamsMorgan, celebrating 109 years of dedicated service to the Distric… 3 weeks ago
- CityPaper staff balked when there was talk of a conservative buying the paper. Now, with no perspective buyer, curr… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Geraldo Rivera has pissed me off!
March 23, 2012Posted by on
As the country learns more about the unnecessary killing of young Trayvon Martin in Florida, the media, of course, chimes in with its delusional wisdom.
Enter Geraldo Rivera, who, like a cockroach, will survive even a nuclear winter. In a segment of Fox News Channel’s Fox & Friends, Rivera claims that the shooting can partially be traced back to Martin’s clothing choice: a hoodie.
He gets more stupid… He goes on to say that people associate the hoodie with crime.
“You have to recognize that this whole stylizing yourself as a gangster– you’re going to be a gangster want-to-be. Well, people are going to perceive you as a menace, that’s what happens.”
Funny. I see skinny white boys walking around Dupont Circle all the time with their hoodies on. They don’t look menacing, or like a “gangster want-to-be.”