- He was trying to save face on news the councils were disintegrating. Strategy Forum planned to inform the WH b4 making announcement public. 4 days ago
- RT @DougHeye: After that Trump press conference, I don't know how I can tell any minority why they should vote Republican. 4 days ago
- 2 days ago, he says he has tons of CEOs wanting to join. Now he disbands business advisory councils after more CEOs quit. 4 days ago
- I will still champion conservative principles. I'll still fervently support LCRs. I'll return when you're gone. And pick up the pieces. 3/3 4 days ago
- You are giving aid & comfort to these assholes. I just can't anymore. As long as you are the leader of the GOP, I will not be a member. 2/3 4 days ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Obama’s Gas Problem
March 12, 2012Posted by on
Four years ago, a Senator Obama blamed high gas prices on Washington. That was was 2008 when prices were around $3.75.
Then, the junior Senator from Illinois said that soaring gas prices were the latest manifestation of a Washington establishment that won’t tackle the problems facing most consumers, and that he would bring needed change.
Today, gasoline prices are on a steady march toward $4 per gallon. With the exception of two days, prices have increased 42 consecutive days – that’s six straight weeks. Prices are nearly 50 cents higher today than they were at the beginning of the year.
According to the Washington Post, gas prices have emerged as an issue in the presidential election. In an article last week, WaPo said that “Obama has said the recent rise in oil prices is caused by instability in the Middle East, including a tense confrontation with Iran over its nuclear program. That has sparked some ‘speculative trading on Wall Street’ that has added to the cost of oil.”
And just what can we expect when the dogs days of summer arrive?