- Just heard a sayin' my Grandmother used to say all the time! "Lord willing and the creek don't rise..."#TakesMeBack 20 hours ago
- How is it the NYT has more update numbers than the Montana Sec of State's? 1 day ago
- Okay Lefties, here's a good line for you to use. Definitely gave me the lulz. twitter.com/ananavarro/sta… 4 days ago
- Asked a/b Sen McCaskil's comments, Sen McCain said "Joe Lieberman has more experience than all of my Dem colleagues combined so screw them!" 1 week ago
- Excellent choice! | Former FBI Head Mueller to Oversee Russia Probe 1 week ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
The President’s Shrinking Cabinet
January 13, 2012Posted by on
“Right now, there are six departments and agencies focused primarily on business and trade in the federal government – from the Commerce Department to the Small Business Administration to the U.S. Trade Representative’s office,” Obama said in remarks from the White House. “In this case, six isn’t better than one.”
Earlier today, it was announced that President Obama will seek to the power to merge agencies to streamline government and improve efficiency. To that, I say “Bravo, Mr. President! However, This is only the first step.”
While I agree with the President that streamlining the federal government is timely and needed, I do not feel it is a job to be handled by the White House — any White House. Congress was right to remove such authority in 1984 when Ronald Reagan was in the White House.
The President can show real leadership here by presenting his plan to Congress, who should be the branch of government responsible for such a Goliath task.