- Great new (for most of you)! Doc says I’m NOT dying today. Sorry haters. LOL 5 days ago
- It’s not the monthly pass I had last month, but I’ll take it for the week. Thanks @Uber_DC ! https://t.co/dvZVwEdj0r 1 week ago
- A tropical storm forming in the Caribbean? South of Nicaragua? What the... 1 week ago
- Song of the Month! youtu.be/S3J_3mcOwdQ 2 weeks ago
- I hear Jerusalem bells a-ringing Roman cavalry choirs are singing 3 weeks ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
The President’s Shrinking Cabinet
January 13, 2012Posted by on
“Right now, there are six departments and agencies focused primarily on business and trade in the federal government – from the Commerce Department to the Small Business Administration to the U.S. Trade Representative’s office,” Obama said in remarks from the White House. “In this case, six isn’t better than one.”
Earlier today, it was announced that President Obama will seek to the power to merge agencies to streamline government and improve efficiency. To that, I say “Bravo, Mr. President! However, This is only the first step.”
While I agree with the President that streamlining the federal government is timely and needed, I do not feel it is a job to be handled by the White House — any White House. Congress was right to remove such authority in 1984 when Ronald Reagan was in the White House.
The President can show real leadership here by presenting his plan to Congress, who should be the branch of government responsible for such a Goliath task.