- He was trying to save face on news the councils were disintegrating. Strategy Forum planned to inform the WH b4 making announcement public. 4 days ago
- RT @DougHeye: After that Trump press conference, I don't know how I can tell any minority why they should vote Republican. 4 days ago
- 2 days ago, he says he has tons of CEOs wanting to join. Now he disbands business advisory councils after more CEOs quit. 4 days ago
- I will still champion conservative principles. I'll still fervently support LCRs. I'll return when you're gone. And pick up the pieces. 3/3 4 days ago
- You are giving aid & comfort to these assholes. I just can't anymore. As long as you are the leader of the GOP, I will not be a member. 2/3 4 days ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Response to My Blade Op-Ed
October 10, 2011Posted by on
Over the weekend, I received a heartfelt email in response to the op-ed I penned last week in the Washington Blade regarding the end of Don’t Ask Don’t Tell. Below is the text. Because I did not ask his permission, I am leaving his last name blank.
As a now openly serving gay military member, I wanted to say thank you for your efforts to make the repeal of DADT a reality. Since 20 Sep, I have come out to my leadership, my coworkers, and my friends in the military.
Your comments on honor were the exact comments I used to explain to people why I was coming out. Honor, Respect, Devotion to Duty – those are the core values of my service, they are my core values, and the more people I tell the more I realize the Coast Guard was ready for this change. Everyone I have told has been supportive. Just Thursday I sat with a friend in the cafeteria and discussed my life openly for the first time in a military setting. I did not realize how much of a burden it had been until I didn’t have to carry it anymore. Your efforts have gone a long way in giving me hope for the republican party.
Commander Jim, USCG
Thank you Commander for your kind words and your valiant service!