- RT @RailTransitOPS: 1:00P Update: #WMATA is continuing to single track at #DupontCircle via the #ShadyGrove track Train delays are in exce… 1 week ago
- AVOID the red line if you can! Something’s going on between Dupont and Farr North. They are single tracking. #mess. @unsuckdcmetro 1 week ago
- About to watch Thomas Crown Affair for the first time. The original version. 2 weeks ago
- RT @dcfireems: Congratulations to the "Alley Rats", Engine 21 in @ItsAdamsMorgan, celebrating 109 years of dedicated service to the Distric… 3 weeks ago
- CityPaper staff balked when there was talk of a conservative buying the paper. Now, with no perspective buyer, curr… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
My Take Away from the Obama Presser
October 6, 2011Posted by on
This morning, President Obama held a press conference to further discuss his #jobsbill. He announced that next week the Senate would take up the bill and bring it to the floor fr a vote.
This is good news, seeing that the top two Democrats in the Senate — Sens. Harry Reid and Dick Durbin — have said recently that there wouldn’t be a vote for weeks to come.
The President repeatedly said that if Republicans vote against this bill, they have to come before the American people and say why “they were against creating jobs.”
Funny. What about the Democrats who are opposed to this bill? I can think of a few from states like West Virginia, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Florida. What do these states all have in common? That’s right; nervous Democrats up for reelection.