- Hello Denver! 6 hours ago
- Artist of the Day: The Black Crowes. Fave songs 1) Hard to Handle 2) She Talks to Angels 3) Remedy https://t.co/VXtVUlfRIr 1 day ago
- Soooo happy to see @thescottevans on TV again! And the unstoppable @VWOfficial !! #werk @DaytimeDivas #guilypleasure 2 days ago
- Artist of the Day: Shawn Mendes Fave songs: (1) Treat You Better (2) There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (3) Mercy https://t.co/ZLqFmEqEt8 4 days ago
- Sky opened up about 30 min earlier than expect. #wetpappa 1 week ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
My Take Away from the Obama Presser
October 6, 2011Posted by on
This morning, President Obama held a press conference to further discuss his #jobsbill. He announced that next week the Senate would take up the bill and bring it to the floor fr a vote.
This is good news, seeing that the top two Democrats in the Senate — Sens. Harry Reid and Dick Durbin — have said recently that there wouldn’t be a vote for weeks to come.
The President repeatedly said that if Republicans vote against this bill, they have to come before the American people and say why “they were against creating jobs.”
Funny. What about the Democrats who are opposed to this bill? I can think of a few from states like West Virginia, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Florida. What do these states all have in common? That’s right; nervous Democrats up for reelection.