- WTF South Texas?! 1 week ago
- Ho hum. My @Uber_DC pass is not a good deal this month. :-( 2 weeks ago
- Not even a last name. Well, at least they could have spelled my other name correctly... https://t.co/ognv9VFL3n 2 weeks ago
- The thing I look forward to the most on Halloween is to what @ActuallyNPH and his family dress up as! This year, on… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- Woke up to a random girl in my bed. First time THAT’S ever happened!!! #RoommateChronicles #NotWaltersRoom 2 weeks ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Today…Ten Years Ago…Let’s Roll!
September 11, 2011Posted by on
It’s 8:46 am. Today is a somber day for America. Ten years ago on this day, at this moment, near 3000 of our citizens began to perished in the most horrific and vile attacks on our homeland. Regardless of one’s views of the actions of our government since that Tuesday morning, it is a day that we, as a nation, will never forget.
In the heat of events during this tragic day, a moment that will forever stand out as one of pure bravery and patriotism by fellow civilians is the moment when Mark Bingham, Todd Beamer, and the rest of the passengers and crew of United Flight 93 decided to regain control of their plane. With the words of “LET’S ROLL!” these brave men and women sacrificed all, and proved what true selflessness truly is.
In addition to those who perished that fateful day at the Pentagon and World Trade Center, including the first responders on the scene, I would like to take a moment and honor Mark Bingham, a gay American who gave all.