- RT @RailTransitOPS: 1:00P Update: #WMATA is continuing to single track at #DupontCircle via the #ShadyGrove track Train delays are in exce… 1 week ago
- AVOID the red line if you can! Something’s going on between Dupont and Farr North. They are single tracking. #mess. @unsuckdcmetro 1 week ago
- About to watch Thomas Crown Affair for the first time. The original version. 2 weeks ago
- RT @dcfireems: Congratulations to the "Alley Rats", Engine 21 in @ItsAdamsMorgan, celebrating 109 years of dedicated service to the Distric… 3 weeks ago
- CityPaper staff balked when there was talk of a conservative buying the paper. Now, with no perspective buyer, curr… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
DC Log Cabin Republicans Statement on David Catania Remarks
September 7, 2011Posted by on
|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:||Contact: Robert Turner|
|September 7, 2011||(202) 253-1830 cell|
|WASHINGTON, DC – Following the remarks of Councilman David Catania insulting many of his constituents and likely now-former supporters, DC Log Cabin President Robert Turner II released the following statement:
“Last week, Councilman David Catania was quoted in a Washington Post article about a recent report distributed by the DC Republican Party detailing potential violations of campaign finance rules in connection with the constituent services funds of various councilmembers, in which he said, ‘there doesn’t appear to be any Republican Party in the District outside of Georgetown.’ As a former Republican, Mr. Catania must know that Republicans, while few in the District, are spread all over this city. We are a cross-section of our communities, being of all races, ethnicities, sexual orientation, and economic status. To insinuate otherwise is simply ignorant.
“Catania could not have won his first election as a Republican At-Large City Councilman if the Republicans were limited to Georgetown; it was thanks to the support of many Republicans across the city that he beat Arrington Dixon. He won our support because he campaigned to stand up to corruption and business as usual. We must now ask if he’s at home with ‘constituent services’ funds that are effectively slush funds for well-connected insiders. Has the former paladin of good government sold out?”
Log Cabin Republicans is a national organization started in 1977 that believe in low taxes, limited government, strong defense, free markets, personal responsibility, and individual liberty. The DC Chapter holds monthly meetings, supports local Republican candidates and sponsors monthly social gatherings. For more information, please visit www.dclogcabin.org.
– 30 –