- Day 2 begins.... #MG18 https://t.co/JcvlPYHYt6 1 week ago
- Chillin’ in Bywater waiting for some ribs. #MG18 #NOLA @ The Joint instagram.com/p/Be6axOClA-K/ 1 week ago
- RT @RailTransitOPS: 1:00P Update: #WMATA is continuing to single track at #DupontCircle via the #ShadyGrove track Train delays are in exce… 1 month ago
- AVOID the red line if you can! Something’s going on between Dupont and Farr North. They are single tracking. #mess. @unsuckdcmetro 1 month ago
- About to watch Thomas Crown Affair for the first time. The original version. 1 month ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Hurricane Irene vs DC Gay Bars
August 28, 2011Posted by on
It appears some of the DC area gay bars were a little afraid of some wind and rain last night (I’m melting! I’m melting!).
Yesterday, I received an email from Ziegfeld’s/Secrets that they “will be open tonight!” only to receive a second email 25 minutes later saying that “Due to deteriorating weather conditions Ziegfeld’s/Secrets will be closed tonight.”
Several hours later, Town email blasted “Due to this stupid weather situation, Town will be closed on Saturday night, August 27th. : (” Emoticon included.
Meanwhile, David Perruzza posted on his Facebook page “Yes JR’s is open today before I get 500 text msgs again. we once again are always open.” Later adding, “We are open always!!!! Snowstorms, earthquakes, hurricanes, Christmas. Come on in.”
While just up 17th Street at its sister bar, hottie and general manager Mark Rutstein said on his Facebook page, “COBALT IS OPEN TONIGHT – now stop texting me.”
Now you always know where to go when you need a cocktail.