- It seems just weeks ago newly elected French President Macron was riding high on approval & Americans feigning over… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 hours ago
- Just heard @CarlCameronFOX is retiring after 22 years. 😢 #CampaignCarl is the best!!! Ran into him at many political events over the years. 21 hours ago
- He was trying to save face on news the councils were disintegrating. Strategy Forum planned to inform the WH b4 making announcement public. 1 week ago
- RT @DougHeye: After that Trump press conference, I don't know how I can tell any minority why they should vote Republican. 1 week ago
- 2 days ago, he says he has tons of CEOs wanting to join. Now he disbands business advisory councils after more CEOs quit. 1 week ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Perry to Romney…and Boom Goes the Dynamite!
August 25, 2011Posted by on
The latest Gallup poll numbers are out, and boy is it a doozy! In a span of ten days, Texas Governor Rick Perry has gone from zero to hero among GOP voters. The latest numbers have Perry leading the pack with “29 percent among Republicans and Republican-leaning independents. Romney trailed with 17 percent, followed by Ron Paul with 13 percent and Michele Bachmann at 10 percent. ”
What’s really striking is that those numbers are on the hills of Perry’s “treasonous” comments about Fed Head Ben Bernanke.
Even more intriguing are the cross-tabs. Once you go beyond the top numbers, you get a better picture of who is supporting which candidate. Of the 15 sub-categories, Perry’s leads in 12 of them, losing the 18-29 year old vote to Congressman Ron Paul (not surprising), the east to Romney by one point, and the liberal/moderate grouping by four to Romney.