- It seems just weeks ago newly elected French President Macron was riding high on approval & Americans feigning over… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 hours ago
- Just heard @CarlCameronFOX is retiring after 22 years. 😢 #CampaignCarl is the best!!! Ran into him at many political events over the years. 21 hours ago
- He was trying to save face on news the councils were disintegrating. Strategy Forum planned to inform the WH b4 making announcement public. 1 week ago
- RT @DougHeye: After that Trump press conference, I don't know how I can tell any minority why they should vote Republican. 1 week ago
- 2 days ago, he says he has tons of CEOs wanting to join. Now he disbands business advisory councils after more CEOs quit. 1 week ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
August 23, 2011Posted by on
This morning, I took a few minutes to venture down to the National Mall in Washington, DC, to get a quick look at the new Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial. Not only is it historic, with it being both the first monument to a non-president AND the first dedicated to a black person (I don’t like the term African-American), but it is also magnificent. Bayard Rustin would be proud. Of course, I snapped a few pictures.
What is personally amazing is the location. For years, my place of solace, where I go to reflect, or to relax, or to smoke a good cigar is a bench on the Tidal Basin facing Mr. Jefferson, with Mr. Lincoln at my back. Now when I sit at that same spot, I will have Dr. King looking over my shoulder. I couldn’t be more proud!