- He was trying to save face on news the councils were disintegrating. Strategy Forum planned to inform the WH b4 making announcement public. 4 days ago
- RT @DougHeye: After that Trump press conference, I don't know how I can tell any minority why they should vote Republican. 4 days ago
- 2 days ago, he says he has tons of CEOs wanting to join. Now he disbands business advisory councils after more CEOs quit. 4 days ago
- I will still champion conservative principles. I'll still fervently support LCRs. I'll return when you're gone. And pick up the pieces. 3/3 4 days ago
- You are giving aid & comfort to these assholes. I just can't anymore. As long as you are the leader of the GOP, I will not be a member. 2/3 4 days ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
True Blood, Season Four
July 3, 2011Posted by on
I wanted to give it a chance before passing judgment on the new season. I felt that waiting until after the second episode would suffice. Moreover, I purposefully have not read the corresponding book – All Together Dead – because I want to accept the shows creative license before seeing how it is suppose to play out. (As much as I love the books, I’m glad Lafayette is still around on the show!)
I must confess, the first eight minutes of the new season, in the land of the “fae”, it seemed very quirky and a tad on the ‘jump the shark’ side. Having said that, it helped to explain the one year jump in time.
And with that jump, it offers a world of opportunity to explain many things, like just how did Bill Compton become the King of Louisiana. Which they answered in tonight’s episode.
The wicken/witches/whatever, still has to grow on me. I’m sure Bill knew what would happen once Eric walked into their layer. But now it’s getting interesting.
CAN’T WAIT FOR NEXT WEEK!
Some great quotes from tonight:
“Did I miss something? Are we girls now? Did we join a book club and read some queer chick-lit memoir so now we’re bonded together by estrogen or sisterhood or some other feminist drivel?”
– Pam to Sookie
“I’ll bet you my shotgun, to your no arms & legs, you’re the one about to get fucked here!”
– Felton to Jason
“Let these good people practice their Constitutional right to be fucking idiots.”
– Pam to Jessica, of the protesters outside Fangtasia
“Why do you smell so good?”
– Eric to Sookie