- It seems just weeks ago newly elected French President Macron was riding high on approval & Americans feigning over… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 hours ago
- Just heard @CarlCameronFOX is retiring after 22 years. 😢 #CampaignCarl is the best!!! Ran into him at many political events over the years. 21 hours ago
- He was trying to save face on news the councils were disintegrating. Strategy Forum planned to inform the WH b4 making announcement public. 1 week ago
- RT @DougHeye: After that Trump press conference, I don't know how I can tell any minority why they should vote Republican. 1 week ago
- 2 days ago, he says he has tons of CEOs wanting to join. Now he disbands business advisory councils after more CEOs quit. 1 week ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Heroes of #Four26dc
April 28, 2011Posted by on
Well by now, we all know the outcome of the special election. So congratulations to Mr. Orange and blah blah blah.
But I want to give a quick shout out to a few who made the entire process very informative and efficient.
DCist’s Martin Austermuhle created the website four/26. It was not only brilliant, but also informative, educational, and a great source for what was going on for the election.
The other hero would be the DC Board of Election and Ethics and its staff. In past elections they have been publicly berated for what some would call incompetence. But for this election, their staff was friendly, courteous, and accessible. While their website could still use a little work, their Twitter presence — @dcboee — was phenomenal and should be used as an example for boards of election across the country.
So major kudos to Martin and the DCBOEE staff!