- Hello Denver! 6 hours ago
- Artist of the Day: The Black Crowes. Fave songs 1) Hard to Handle 2) She Talks to Angels 3) Remedy https://t.co/VXtVUlfRIr 1 day ago
- Soooo happy to see @thescottevans on TV again! And the unstoppable @VWOfficial !! #werk @DaytimeDivas #guilypleasure 2 days ago
- Artist of the Day: Shawn Mendes Fave songs: (1) Treat You Better (2) There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (3) Mercy https://t.co/ZLqFmEqEt8 4 days ago
- Sky opened up about 30 min earlier than expect. #wetpappa 1 week ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
The Golden Globes
Last night, I watched the 68th Annual Golden Globes Awards. Actually, I TiVo’d it, because I knew a third of it would be bad and another third of it would be commercials. So I figured there would be a good hour or so of quality bullshit.
Two time host Ricky Gervais did not disappoint. While many this morning are lamenting Gervais’ biting jokes, I thought they were humorous. It shows how thin skinned actors in Hollywood truly are.
Ricky G had some great zingers about that “famous gay Scientologist”, introducing Bruce Willis as Ashton Kutcher’s dad (brilliant!), and my personal favorite — “Many of you in this room probably know him best from such facilities as the Betty Ford Clinic and Los Angeles County Jail,” referring to Robert Downey, Jr.
There were some great acceptance speech moments too. Chris Colfer of Glee won best supporting actor in a TV series. He spoke out against bullies of all types. And the masterpiece that is Jane Lynch, also of Glee won for best supporting actress. She said after receiving her award, “I am nothing if not falsely humble.” Classic Sue Sylvester!
In the end, there were no huge gaffes in the three hour production, which I watched in about an hour. They usually say that the big winners from the Golden Globes are the favorites to win the at the Oscars. So it’s going to be a fight between The Social Network, Black Swan, and The King’s Speech. We shall see.