- RT @ladygaga: Nothing more beautiful than everyone putting their differences aside to help humanity in the face of catastrophe. #OneAmerica… 18 hours ago
- Great new (for most of you)! Doc says I’m NOT dying today. Sorry haters. LOL 1 week ago
- It’s not the monthly pass I had last month, but I’ll take it for the week. Thanks @Uber_DC ! https://t.co/dvZVwEdj0r 2 weeks ago
- A tropical storm forming in the Caribbean? South of Nicaragua? What the... 2 weeks ago
- Song of the Month! youtu.be/S3J_3mcOwdQ 2 weeks ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
The President’s Happy Dance
December 23, 2010Posted by on
Yesterday, President Obama held a press conference to show his blissful happy dance (hat tip: @colocelt) about all that was accomplished during this lame duck session of Congress. To be sure, much good was accomplished, including tax cut extensions for all Americans, food safety legislation, and the repeal of Don’t Ask Don’t Tell.
Jake Tapper of ABC News stood up and asked the President “Is it intellectually consistent to say that gays and lesbians should be able to fight and die for this country, but they should not be able to marry the people they love?”
Obama said that his feeling about marriage equality is constantly evolving. “I’ve struggled with this,” he said. He says that his baseline is a strong civil union that provides them (us) the protections and legal rights that married couples have.
I give it a year before he has totally come on board with married equality.