- RT @RailTransitOPS: 1:00P Update: #WMATA is continuing to single track at #DupontCircle via the #ShadyGrove track Train delays are in exce… 1 week ago
- AVOID the red line if you can! Something’s going on between Dupont and Farr North. They are single tracking. #mess. @unsuckdcmetro 1 week ago
- About to watch Thomas Crown Affair for the first time. The original version. 2 weeks ago
- RT @dcfireems: Congratulations to the "Alley Rats", Engine 21 in @ItsAdamsMorgan, celebrating 109 years of dedicated service to the Distric… 3 weeks ago
- CityPaper staff balked when there was talk of a conservative buying the paper. Now, with no perspective buyer, curr… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
The President’s Happy Dance
December 23, 2010Posted by on
Yesterday, President Obama held a press conference to show his blissful happy dance (hat tip: @colocelt) about all that was accomplished during this lame duck session of Congress. To be sure, much good was accomplished, including tax cut extensions for all Americans, food safety legislation, and the repeal of Don’t Ask Don’t Tell.
Jake Tapper of ABC News stood up and asked the President “Is it intellectually consistent to say that gays and lesbians should be able to fight and die for this country, but they should not be able to marry the people they love?”
Obama said that his feeling about marriage equality is constantly evolving. “I’ve struggled with this,” he said. He says that his baseline is a strong civil union that provides them (us) the protections and legal rights that married couples have.
I give it a year before he has totally come on board with married equality.