- Great new (for most of you)! Doc says I’m NOT dying today. Sorry haters. LOL 5 days ago
- It’s not the monthly pass I had last month, but I’ll take it for the week. Thanks @Uber_DC ! https://t.co/dvZVwEdj0r 1 week ago
- A tropical storm forming in the Caribbean? South of Nicaragua? What the... 1 week ago
- Song of the Month! youtu.be/S3J_3mcOwdQ 2 weeks ago
- I hear Jerusalem bells a-ringing Roman cavalry choirs are singing 3 weeks ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Dallas Cowboys: A Renewal of Faith
November 9, 2010Posted by on
The word over the Interwebs of Dallas Cowboy owner Jerry Jones kicking Wade Phillips to the curb yesterday spread fast and furious. What was also part of that mega announcement was that Jason Garrett would replace Phillips as head coach! That DEFINITELY got my attention.
Jerry Jones has been on the asshat end of firing coaches, to be sure. The first thing he did after purchasing the ‘Boys from Tex Schramm was to fire Tom Landry. That pissed off most die hard fans, including me. Then came Jimmy Johnson, Barry Switzer, Chan Galey, Dave Campo, The Tuna, (who quit), and now Wade Phillips.
It was only a few weeks ago where I lamented to all of my sport friends that even though it was only mid-October, my football season was over. I said that my Cowboys sucked and my Longhorns sucked. And then I said that the bright spot should be that the Rangers were in the World Series, but I hate baseball. Well guess what? The Rangers lost!
But now Jason Garrett is the interim head coach. I’ve been a fan of this ginger ever since he was a back up for my Troy Aikman. Everybody said back then, that he one day was gonna make a mighty fine head coach. Now is his chance.
I don’t expect a major turn around in the next week or two, but I do expect positive signs by the end of the year. If not, then the next to go won’t be Garrett, but Tony Romo.