- Day 2 begins.... #MG18 https://t.co/JcvlPYHYt6 1 week ago
- Chillin’ in Bywater waiting for some ribs. #MG18 #NOLA @ The Joint instagram.com/p/Be6axOClA-K/ 1 week ago
- RT @RailTransitOPS: 1:00P Update: #WMATA is continuing to single track at #DupontCircle via the #ShadyGrove track Train delays are in exce… 1 month ago
- AVOID the red line if you can! Something’s going on between Dupont and Farr North. They are single tracking. #mess. @unsuckdcmetro 1 month ago
- About to watch Thomas Crown Affair for the first time. The original version. 1 month ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Rocky Horror Glee Show
October 28, 2010Posted by on
Didn’t get a chance to watch the latest episode of Glee until last night because of the High Heel Race in Dupont Circle on Tuesday evening. But boy was I in for a treat when I finally got around to watching it last night.
The antici………..pation of this episode has been building ever since it was first announced late last spring that the show would do a tribute to this 1975 über cult classic. Which songs would they choose? Would there be any cameos or guest roles for alumni of Rocky Horror? Well, the Rocky Horror Glee Show did not disappoint.
But, I must highlight the Brittany moment of the episode. Near the beginning of the episode, Kurt asks Brittany what she’s going to be for Halloween. As only Britt can do, with her soft spoken, dead pan, smooth voice, she response “I’m going as a peanut allergy.” Both hilarious and wrong at the same time. Still can’t help but chuckle when I think of it.
From the very first seconds of the episode, I knew it was going to be good, when all I saw were a pair of disembodied crimson red lips come at me through the TV screen. I couldn’t help but sing along and shout back at my television as if I was at one of those midnight showings at the Northcross Mall Theater back in Austin.
Michael Rennie was ill
The Day the Earth Stood Still
But he told us where we stand (ON OUR FEET!)
And Flash Gordon was there
In silver underwear (THEY WERE PINK)
Claude Rains was The Invisible Man (I SAW RIGHT THROUGH HIM)
The episode featured six songs from the original soundtrack, had cameos by Barry Bostwick and Meat Loaf and reinvented many aspects of the movie. Some will love it, while others won’t. For me, being a fan of both the original movie and of Glee, I was satisfied. Though I would have loved, loved, loved to see Puck play the role of Dr. Frank-N-Furter, the sweet transvestite.
If you missed it, you definitely missed plenty of eye candy. Here’s a little taste.