- Wait! WHAT?!!! LOL twitter.com/anncoulter/sta… 6 days ago
- A true trailblazer has left us | Edie Windsor, the mother of marriage equality, has died lgbtqnation.com/2017/09/edie-w… 1 week ago
- RT @AdamsMorganDay: Add your photos to our Adams Morgan Day Flickr pool! bit.ly/AdMoDayphotos 1 week ago
- Smooth sailing? It looks like @MayorBowser may not have a major challenger in her re-election bid. dcist.com/2017/09/dc_att… 1 week ago
- How do you sleep for 11 hours and wake up tired? Ugh! 1 week ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Dems In Florida, Desperate
October 28, 2010Posted by on
File this under what appears to be a Hail Mary attempt of desperation to retain the Senate for Democrats.
In the last two weeks of this mid-term election cycle, it has just been revealed that former President Bill Clinton unsuccessfully tried to persuade Florida Congressman Kendrick Meek to drop his bid for the U.S. Senate, and endorse Republican-turned-independent Gov. Charlie Crist’s bid.
In a written statement, Crist Campaign Spokesman Danny Kanner confirmed the report saying…
“While this story is accurate, the governor’s focus is on uniting common-sense Democrats, independents, and Republicans behind his campaign because he is the one candidate who can defeat Tea Party extremist Marco Rubio and deliver bipartisan results for Florida in Washington.”
The latest Quinnipiac Poll, taken 10/18 – 10/24, show Marco Rubio with a 7 point lead over Crist.