- WTF South Texas?! 1 week ago
- Ho hum. My @Uber_DC pass is not a good deal this month. :-( 2 weeks ago
- Not even a last name. Well, at least they could have spelled my other name correctly... https://t.co/ognv9VFL3n 2 weeks ago
- The thing I look forward to the most on Halloween is to what @ActuallyNPH and his family dress up as! This year, on… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- Woke up to a random girl in my bed. First time THAT’S ever happened!!! #RoommateChronicles #NotWaltersRoom 2 weeks ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Obama v. DADT
October 20, 2010Posted by on
Does anyone else see the irony of the Obama Administration pursuing in court to try to overturn what Judge Phillips has ruled, given that Obama himself has repeatedly said that he wants to end this policy?
As of last week, DADT has been declared unconstitutional. It’s dead! The only way to revive it is to appeal it to the 9th Circuit with the hopes that a lame duck Congess will act on it. And we already know that Sen. John McCain has vowed to single-handedly filibuster it in the Senate.
When Dan Choi is not out being a media whore, he makes a great point in that “Obama should focus his attention on crafting an executive order instituting a non-discrimination policy.”