- Day 2 begins.... #MG18 https://t.co/JcvlPYHYt6 1 week ago
- Chillin’ in Bywater waiting for some ribs. #MG18 #NOLA @ The Joint instagram.com/p/Be6axOClA-K/ 1 week ago
- RT @RailTransitOPS: 1:00P Update: #WMATA is continuing to single track at #DupontCircle via the #ShadyGrove track Train delays are in exce… 1 month ago
- AVOID the red line if you can! Something’s going on between Dupont and Farr North. They are single tracking. #mess. @unsuckdcmetro 1 month ago
- About to watch Thomas Crown Affair for the first time. The original version. 1 month ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Obama v. DADT
October 20, 2010Posted by on
Does anyone else see the irony of the Obama Administration pursuing in court to try to overturn what Judge Phillips has ruled, given that Obama himself has repeatedly said that he wants to end this policy?
As of last week, DADT has been declared unconstitutional. It’s dead! The only way to revive it is to appeal it to the 9th Circuit with the hopes that a lame duck Congess will act on it. And we already know that Sen. John McCain has vowed to single-handedly filibuster it in the Senate.
When Dan Choi is not out being a media whore, he makes a great point in that “Obama should focus his attention on crafting an executive order instituting a non-discrimination policy.”