- Hello Denver! 6 hours ago
- Artist of the Day: The Black Crowes. Fave songs 1) Hard to Handle 2) She Talks to Angels 3) Remedy https://t.co/VXtVUlfRIr 1 day ago
- Soooo happy to see @thescottevans on TV again! And the unstoppable @VWOfficial !! #werk @DaytimeDivas #guilypleasure 2 days ago
- Artist of the Day: Shawn Mendes Fave songs: (1) Treat You Better (2) There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (3) Mercy https://t.co/ZLqFmEqEt8 4 days ago
- Sky opened up about 30 min earlier than expect. #wetpappa 1 week ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
What’s in a Name?
August 30, 2010Posted by on
Years ago, a good friend of mine got a divorce from his wife. This, in and of itself, was nothing of notice, except for the fact that the then ex-wife KEPT his name. I must confess to lacking the knowledge of the intricacies’ and protocols of divorcees and their preferences, except to note that one seldom keep a name of a person one despises.
Well, this was not one of those cases. In fact, for the next ten or so years, the ex-wife used the former husband’s last name professionally. It seemed odd, but people went with it.
Last evening, I logged onto Facebook (simultaneously the greatest and most evil of all inventions) to see a suggestion of “People You May Know,” of said ex-wife, who appears to have remarried.
Not only has she still kept my friend’s name, but now she has also hyphenated. WTF?!?! I’m sorry, but that’s just effed up!