- Just heard a sayin' my Grandmother used to say all the time! "Lord willing and the creek don't rise..."#TakesMeBack 20 hours ago
- How is it the NYT has more update numbers than the Montana Sec of State's? 1 day ago
- Okay Lefties, here's a good line for you to use. Definitely gave me the lulz. twitter.com/ananavarro/sta… 4 days ago
- Asked a/b Sen McCaskil's comments, Sen McCain said "Joe Lieberman has more experience than all of my Dem colleagues combined so screw them!" 1 week ago
- Excellent choice! | Former FBI Head Mueller to Oversee Russia Probe 1 week ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
What’s in a Name?
August 30, 2010Posted by on
Years ago, a good friend of mine got a divorce from his wife. This, in and of itself, was nothing of notice, except for the fact that the then ex-wife KEPT his name. I must confess to lacking the knowledge of the intricacies’ and protocols of divorcees and their preferences, except to note that one seldom keep a name of a person one despises.
Well, this was not one of those cases. In fact, for the next ten or so years, the ex-wife used the former husband’s last name professionally. It seemed odd, but people went with it.
Last evening, I logged onto Facebook (simultaneously the greatest and most evil of all inventions) to see a suggestion of “People You May Know,” of said ex-wife, who appears to have remarried.
Not only has she still kept my friend’s name, but now she has also hyphenated. WTF?!?! I’m sorry, but that’s just effed up!