- RT @ladygaga: Nothing more beautiful than everyone putting their differences aside to help humanity in the face of catastrophe. #OneAmerica… 18 hours ago
- Great new (for most of you)! Doc says I’m NOT dying today. Sorry haters. LOL 1 week ago
- It’s not the monthly pass I had last month, but I’ll take it for the week. Thanks @Uber_DC ! https://t.co/dvZVwEdj0r 2 weeks ago
- A tropical storm forming in the Caribbean? South of Nicaragua? What the... 2 weeks ago
- Song of the Month! youtu.be/S3J_3mcOwdQ 2 weeks ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
What’s in a Name?
August 30, 2010Posted by on
Years ago, a good friend of mine got a divorce from his wife. This, in and of itself, was nothing of notice, except for the fact that the then ex-wife KEPT his name. I must confess to lacking the knowledge of the intricacies’ and protocols of divorcees and their preferences, except to note that one seldom keep a name of a person one despises.
Well, this was not one of those cases. In fact, for the next ten or so years, the ex-wife used the former husband’s last name professionally. It seemed odd, but people went with it.
Last evening, I logged onto Facebook (simultaneously the greatest and most evil of all inventions) to see a suggestion of “People You May Know,” of said ex-wife, who appears to have remarried.
Not only has she still kept my friend’s name, but now she has also hyphenated. WTF?!?! I’m sorry, but that’s just effed up!