- WTF South Texas?! 2 weeks ago
- Ho hum. My @Uber_DC pass is not a good deal this month. :-( 2 weeks ago
- Not even a last name. Well, at least they could have spelled my other name correctly... https://t.co/ognv9VFL3n 2 weeks ago
- The thing I look forward to the most on Halloween is to what @ActuallyNPH and his family dress up as! This year, on… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- Woke up to a random girl in my bed. First time THAT’S ever happened!!! #RoommateChronicles #NotWaltersRoom 3 weeks ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Five Years After Katrina
August 29, 2010Posted by on
Today is the five year anniversary of that terrible day that one of favorite cities in the world was 70% was underwater.
I am not going to commentate on what went wrong then or what is still going wrong down in the Crescent City. I will merely show you the photos I took six months after Katrina.
Me and some friends were making our annual visit to celebrate Mardi Gras. Everyone told us not to go, because the city was broken; desolate. That WAS the reason to go. We wanted to give a little something back to a place that had given us so much enjoyment over the years. We wanted to help boost the economy.
It’s now been five years. The city is coming back. But it’s not there yet. So let us not forget.
These photos of from New Orleans’ lower 9th Ward.