- It seems just weeks ago newly elected French President Macron was riding high on approval & Americans feigning over… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 hours ago
- Just heard @CarlCameronFOX is retiring after 22 years. 😢 #CampaignCarl is the best!!! Ran into him at many political events over the years. 21 hours ago
- He was trying to save face on news the councils were disintegrating. Strategy Forum planned to inform the WH b4 making announcement public. 1 week ago
- RT @DougHeye: After that Trump press conference, I don't know how I can tell any minority why they should vote Republican. 1 week ago
- 2 days ago, he says he has tons of CEOs wanting to join. Now he disbands business advisory councils after more CEOs quit. 1 week ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Five Years After Katrina
August 29, 2010Posted by on
Today is the five year anniversary of that terrible day that one of favorite cities in the world was 70% was underwater.
I am not going to commentate on what went wrong then or what is still going wrong down in the Crescent City. I will merely show you the photos I took six months after Katrina.
Me and some friends were making our annual visit to celebrate Mardi Gras. Everyone told us not to go, because the city was broken; desolate. That WAS the reason to go. We wanted to give a little something back to a place that had given us so much enjoyment over the years. We wanted to help boost the economy.
It’s now been five years. The city is coming back. But it’s not there yet. So let us not forget.
These photos of from New Orleans’ lower 9th Ward.