- RT @RailTransitOPS: 1:00P Update: #WMATA is continuing to single track at #DupontCircle via the #ShadyGrove track Train delays are in exce… 1 week ago
- AVOID the red line if you can! Something’s going on between Dupont and Farr North. They are single tracking. #mess. @unsuckdcmetro 1 week ago
- About to watch Thomas Crown Affair for the first time. The original version. 2 weeks ago
- RT @dcfireems: Congratulations to the "Alley Rats", Engine 21 in @ItsAdamsMorgan, celebrating 109 years of dedicated service to the Distric… 3 weeks ago
- CityPaper staff balked when there was talk of a conservative buying the paper. Now, with no perspective buyer, curr… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
On Ken Mehlman
August 26, 2010Posted by on
Yesterday, Marc Ambinder of the Atlantic published the story in which Ken Mehlman, a former Bush Advisor and former RNC Chairman came out.
While many in the LGBT community are saying “what took you so long,” I will simply say, “BRAVO!” Coming to terms with one’s sexuality and coming out are two very difficult and personal steps. The journey can be long and winding.
I’ve known Ken for a long time. We both worked on the Hill. And we were both closeted.
People can continue to look at the past if they want to. But people get to their current point in life differently. Let’s applaud Ken for not only taking this step, but also joining the fight for equality for all Americans.