- RT @ladygaga: Nothing more beautiful than everyone putting their differences aside to help humanity in the face of catastrophe. #OneAmerica… 18 hours ago
- Great new (for most of you)! Doc says I’m NOT dying today. Sorry haters. LOL 1 week ago
- It’s not the monthly pass I had last month, but I’ll take it for the week. Thanks @Uber_DC ! https://t.co/dvZVwEdj0r 2 weeks ago
- A tropical storm forming in the Caribbean? South of Nicaragua? What the... 2 weeks ago
- Song of the Month! youtu.be/S3J_3mcOwdQ 2 weeks ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
On Ken Mehlman
August 26, 2010Posted by on
Yesterday, Marc Ambinder of the Atlantic published the story in which Ken Mehlman, a former Bush Advisor and former RNC Chairman came out.
While many in the LGBT community are saying “what took you so long,” I will simply say, “BRAVO!” Coming to terms with one’s sexuality and coming out are two very difficult and personal steps. The journey can be long and winding.
I’ve known Ken for a long time. We both worked on the Hill. And we were both closeted.
People can continue to look at the past if they want to. But people get to their current point in life differently. Let’s applaud Ken for not only taking this step, but also joining the fight for equality for all Americans.