- Hello Denver! 6 hours ago
- Artist of the Day: The Black Crowes. Fave songs 1) Hard to Handle 2) She Talks to Angels 3) Remedy https://t.co/VXtVUlfRIr 1 day ago
- Soooo happy to see @thescottevans on TV again! And the unstoppable @VWOfficial !! #werk @DaytimeDivas #guilypleasure 2 days ago
- Artist of the Day: Shawn Mendes Fave songs: (1) Treat You Better (2) There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (3) Mercy https://t.co/ZLqFmEqEt8 4 days ago
- Sky opened up about 30 min earlier than expect. #wetpappa 1 week ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
On Ken Mehlman
August 26, 2010Posted by on
Yesterday, Marc Ambinder of the Atlantic published the story in which Ken Mehlman, a former Bush Advisor and former RNC Chairman came out.
While many in the LGBT community are saying “what took you so long,” I will simply say, “BRAVO!” Coming to terms with one’s sexuality and coming out are two very difficult and personal steps. The journey can be long and winding.
I’ve known Ken for a long time. We both worked on the Hill. And we were both closeted.
People can continue to look at the past if they want to. But people get to their current point in life differently. Let’s applaud Ken for not only taking this step, but also joining the fight for equality for all Americans.