- Artist of the Day: The Black Crowes. Fave songs 1) Hard to Handle 2) She Talks to Angels 3) Remedy https://t.co/VXtVUlfRIr 22 hours ago
- Soooo happy to see @thescottevans on TV again! And the unstoppable @VWOfficial !! #werk @DaytimeDivas #guilypleasure 1 day ago
- Artist of the Day: Shawn Mendes Fave songs: (1) Treat You Better (2) There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (3) Mercy https://t.co/ZLqFmEqEt8 3 days ago
- Sky opened up about 30 min earlier than expect. #wetpappa 6 days ago
- Artist of the Day: Jody Watley. Fave 3 songs: 1) Friends 2) Looking for a New Love 3) Real Love https://t.co/cvgbIQ1Jsq 6 days ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Riding on the Metro . . .
August 19, 2010Posted by on
That’s the title to a great 80s song by Berlin. So I’m gonna use it for this feature. Basically, it will be stories, overheard conversations, and observations while riding DC’s subway, known as the metro. A couple of months back, I posted a cherishing little bit about a kid who wowed in amazement when he saw a soldier get on the train in “Look Dad, a Soldier!”
Last night, I was coming home from JRs, riding the red line back to my summer home.
There is this cute straight couple directly in front of me. He is tired. She is trying to placate him by rubbing his back in the same 2 inch circle repeatedly. It’s obvious to anyone watching that he’s not being “satisfied.”
He looks up, glances at me and smile, which takes me off guard. Damn it! Why are we already at my stop? I smile back, get up, and exit the train. That was exciting!