- Okay Lefties, here's a good line for you to use. Definitely gave me the lulz. twitter.com/ananavarro/sta… 1 day ago
- Asked a/b Sen McCaskil's comments, Sen McCain said "Joe Lieberman has more experience than all of my Dem colleagues combined so screw them!" 4 days ago
- Excellent choice! | Former FBI Head Mueller to Oversee Russia Probe 6 days ago
- Hey @DCCirculator, perhaps this why you're losing riders. #RushHour https://t.co/ioGtiH3I89 6 days ago
- Chaffetz has already announced his retirement, so he gives zero f!&ks. twitter.com/jasoninthehous… 6 days ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Riding on the Metro . . .
August 19, 2010Posted by on
That’s the title to a great 80s song by Berlin. So I’m gonna use it for this feature. Basically, it will be stories, overheard conversations, and observations while riding DC’s subway, known as the metro. A couple of months back, I posted a cherishing little bit about a kid who wowed in amazement when he saw a soldier get on the train in “Look Dad, a Soldier!”
Last night, I was coming home from JRs, riding the red line back to my summer home.
There is this cute straight couple directly in front of me. He is tired. She is trying to placate him by rubbing his back in the same 2 inch circle repeatedly. It’s obvious to anyone watching that he’s not being “satisfied.”
He looks up, glances at me and smile, which takes me off guard. Damn it! Why are we already at my stop? I smile back, get up, and exit the train. That was exciting!