- Just heard a sayin' my Grandmother used to say all the time! "Lord willing and the creek don't rise..."#TakesMeBack 20 hours ago
- How is it the NYT has more update numbers than the Montana Sec of State's? 1 day ago
- Okay Lefties, here's a good line for you to use. Definitely gave me the lulz. twitter.com/ananavarro/sta… 4 days ago
- Asked a/b Sen McCaskil's comments, Sen McCain said "Joe Lieberman has more experience than all of my Dem colleagues combined so screw them!" 1 week ago
- Excellent choice! | Former FBI Head Mueller to Oversee Russia Probe 1 week ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
UPDATED: A Bear’s Life After EFN
August 18, 2010Posted by on
UPDATE: It seems there is now competition for Bear Happy Hour! My good friend Mark Rutstein just announced that he’s starting a Bear Happy Hour at Cobalt on Fridays featuring DC Jim Gade.
Less than 24 hours after EFN emailed its staff saying that the bar was closing, Bear Happy Hour, the weekly Friday party announced their new home – The Green Lantern.
In a posting on the website www.dcbearscene.com, they received confirmation from the owner that …
The Green Lantern will:
OPEN FIRST FLOOR AT 4 PM
OPEN 2ND FLOOR AT 530 PM
$1 DRAFT BEERS (2ND FLOOR ONLY)
HAPPY HOUR PRICES ON ALL DRINKS UNTIL 10 P.M.
FREE PIZZA AT 8 PM
HAVE ADEQUATE AND ATTENTIVE STAFF
A quick look at the Green Lantern’s Facebook page confirms just such.
So for all you bears, lovers of bears, and lovers of free pizza on Friday nights, your fears have been abated. Brent, Mark, I’m looking in your general direction. #loveyameanit