- RT @RailTransitOPS: 1:00P Update: #WMATA is continuing to single track at #DupontCircle via the #ShadyGrove track Train delays are in exce… 1 week ago
- AVOID the red line if you can! Something’s going on between Dupont and Farr North. They are single tracking. #mess. @unsuckdcmetro 1 week ago
- About to watch Thomas Crown Affair for the first time. The original version. 2 weeks ago
- RT @dcfireems: Congratulations to the "Alley Rats", Engine 21 in @ItsAdamsMorgan, celebrating 109 years of dedicated service to the Distric… 3 weeks ago
- CityPaper staff balked when there was talk of a conservative buying the paper. Now, with no perspective buyer, curr… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
UPDATED: A Bear’s Life After EFN
August 18, 2010Posted by on
UPDATE: It seems there is now competition for Bear Happy Hour! My good friend Mark Rutstein just announced that he’s starting a Bear Happy Hour at Cobalt on Fridays featuring DC Jim Gade.
Less than 24 hours after EFN emailed its staff saying that the bar was closing, Bear Happy Hour, the weekly Friday party announced their new home – The Green Lantern.
In a posting on the website www.dcbearscene.com, they received confirmation from the owner that …
The Green Lantern will:
OPEN FIRST FLOOR AT 4 PM
OPEN 2ND FLOOR AT 530 PM
$1 DRAFT BEERS (2ND FLOOR ONLY)
HAPPY HOUR PRICES ON ALL DRINKS UNTIL 10 P.M.
FREE PIZZA AT 8 PM
HAVE ADEQUATE AND ATTENTIVE STAFF
A quick look at the Green Lantern’s Facebook page confirms just such.
So for all you bears, lovers of bears, and lovers of free pizza on Friday nights, your fears have been abated. Brent, Mark, I’m looking in your general direction. #loveyameanit