- Great new (for most of you)! Doc says I’m NOT dying today. Sorry haters. LOL 5 days ago
- It’s not the monthly pass I had last month, but I’ll take it for the week. Thanks @Uber_DC ! https://t.co/dvZVwEdj0r 1 week ago
- A tropical storm forming in the Caribbean? South of Nicaragua? What the... 1 week ago
- Song of the Month! youtu.be/S3J_3mcOwdQ 2 weeks ago
- I hear Jerusalem bells a-ringing Roman cavalry choirs are singing 3 weeks ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
UPDATED: A Bear’s Life After EFN
August 18, 2010Posted by on
UPDATE: It seems there is now competition for Bear Happy Hour! My good friend Mark Rutstein just announced that he’s starting a Bear Happy Hour at Cobalt on Fridays featuring DC Jim Gade.
Less than 24 hours after EFN emailed its staff saying that the bar was closing, Bear Happy Hour, the weekly Friday party announced their new home – The Green Lantern.
In a posting on the website www.dcbearscene.com, they received confirmation from the owner that …
The Green Lantern will:
OPEN FIRST FLOOR AT 4 PM
OPEN 2ND FLOOR AT 530 PM
$1 DRAFT BEERS (2ND FLOOR ONLY)
HAPPY HOUR PRICES ON ALL DRINKS UNTIL 10 P.M.
FREE PIZZA AT 8 PM
HAVE ADEQUATE AND ATTENTIVE STAFF
A quick look at the Green Lantern’s Facebook page confirms just such.
So for all you bears, lovers of bears, and lovers of free pizza on Friday nights, your fears have been abated. Brent, Mark, I’m looking in your general direction. #loveyameanit