- The first woman to start a bank — a black woman — finally gets her due in the Confederacy’s capital washingtonpost.com/news/retropoli… 1 day ago
- Newly Disclosed Clinton-era Memo Says Presidents Can Be Indicted nytimes.com/interactive/20… 1 day ago
- Welcome to Golden, Colorado! https://t.co/23dRKRigLN 1 day ago
- RT @EWErickson: So we can't trust Mueller b/c too many of his staff gave money to Democrats. But we can trust Scaramucci who, like Trump,… 1 day ago
- In the words of Dave Matthews singing Typical Situation Live, "Lost somewhere in Red Rocks...." https://t.co/5zl439gpek 1 day ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
UPDATED: A Bear’s Life After EFN
August 18, 2010Posted by on
UPDATE: It seems there is now competition for Bear Happy Hour! My good friend Mark Rutstein just announced that he’s starting a Bear Happy Hour at Cobalt on Fridays featuring DC Jim Gade.
Less than 24 hours after EFN emailed its staff saying that the bar was closing, Bear Happy Hour, the weekly Friday party announced their new home – The Green Lantern.
In a posting on the website www.dcbearscene.com, they received confirmation from the owner that …
The Green Lantern will:
OPEN FIRST FLOOR AT 4 PM
OPEN 2ND FLOOR AT 530 PM
$1 DRAFT BEERS (2ND FLOOR ONLY)
HAPPY HOUR PRICES ON ALL DRINKS UNTIL 10 P.M.
FREE PIZZA AT 8 PM
HAVE ADEQUATE AND ATTENTIVE STAFF
A quick look at the Green Lantern’s Facebook page confirms just such.
So for all you bears, lovers of bears, and lovers of free pizza on Friday nights, your fears have been abated. Brent, Mark, I’m looking in your general direction. #loveyameanit