- Hello Denver! 6 hours ago
- Artist of the Day: The Black Crowes. Fave songs 1) Hard to Handle 2) She Talks to Angels 3) Remedy https://t.co/VXtVUlfRIr 1 day ago
- Soooo happy to see @thescottevans on TV again! And the unstoppable @VWOfficial !! #werk @DaytimeDivas #guilypleasure 2 days ago
- Artist of the Day: Shawn Mendes Fave songs: (1) Treat You Better (2) There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (3) Mercy https://t.co/ZLqFmEqEt8 4 days ago
- Sky opened up about 30 min earlier than expect. #wetpappa 1 week ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Perry v. Schwarzenegger: The Results Show
August 4, 2010Posted by on
Today, the federal courts will release its decision in the landmark Perry v. Schwarzenegger case. You know — the one debating the validity of California’s 2008 Proposition 8.
According to Pam’s House Blend, if you text the word “EQUAL” to 69866, you will receive a text message with the official decision on your mobile device the moment the court releases its decision.
One of the funny things about the motion to stay is their claim of the possibility of irreparable harm absent a stay. @gabrielmalor aptly points out that “there are already 18,000 gay-married couples in CA. Doesn’t seem like more are going to ‘harm’ anyone in particular.”
And finally, my good friend, Chris Geidner over at Metro Weekly has compiled a most excellent Prop 8 Decision Day FAQ about what’s going to happen next and why.