- RT @RailTransitOPS: 1:00P Update: #WMATA is continuing to single track at #DupontCircle via the #ShadyGrove track Train delays are in exce… 1 week ago
- AVOID the red line if you can! Something’s going on between Dupont and Farr North. They are single tracking. #mess. @unsuckdcmetro 1 week ago
- About to watch Thomas Crown Affair for the first time. The original version. 2 weeks ago
- RT @dcfireems: Congratulations to the "Alley Rats", Engine 21 in @ItsAdamsMorgan, celebrating 109 years of dedicated service to the Distric… 3 weeks ago
- CityPaper staff balked when there was talk of a conservative buying the paper. Now, with no perspective buyer, curr… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Perry v. Schwarzenegger: The Results Show
August 4, 2010Posted by on
Today, the federal courts will release its decision in the landmark Perry v. Schwarzenegger case. You know — the one debating the validity of California’s 2008 Proposition 8.
According to Pam’s House Blend, if you text the word “EQUAL” to 69866, you will receive a text message with the official decision on your mobile device the moment the court releases its decision.
One of the funny things about the motion to stay is their claim of the possibility of irreparable harm absent a stay. @gabrielmalor aptly points out that “there are already 18,000 gay-married couples in CA. Doesn’t seem like more are going to ‘harm’ anyone in particular.”
And finally, my good friend, Chris Geidner over at Metro Weekly has compiled a most excellent Prop 8 Decision Day FAQ about what’s going to happen next and why.