- RT @RailTransitOPS: 1:00P Update: #WMATA is continuing to single track at #DupontCircle via the #ShadyGrove track Train delays are in exce… 1 week ago
- AVOID the red line if you can! Something’s going on between Dupont and Farr North. They are single tracking. #mess. @unsuckdcmetro 1 week ago
- About to watch Thomas Crown Affair for the first time. The original version. 2 weeks ago
- RT @dcfireems: Congratulations to the "Alley Rats", Engine 21 in @ItsAdamsMorgan, celebrating 109 years of dedicated service to the Distric… 3 weeks ago
- CityPaper staff balked when there was talk of a conservative buying the paper. Now, with no perspective buyer, curr… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Another Hottie on the Hill
July 17, 2010Posted by on
Move over Scott Brown. Step aside Aaron Schrock. There’s a new hottie in town and his name is Carte Patrick Goodwin. He is the newly appointed Senator from West Virginia, replacing the late Robert Byrd. When Goodwin is sworn into office Tuesday, he will be the youngest member serving in the Senate at the ripe old age of… 36.
Much like what happened in Florida when Governor Charlie Crist appointed George LeMieux to replace Senator Mel Martinez until Crist runs for the seat, West Virginia Governor Manchin plans to run for the seat later this year.
Now let’s see where he stands on the issues. Is he going to be a typical tax & spend liberal or something closer to a Blue Dog?