- It seems just weeks ago newly elected French President Macron was riding high on approval & Americans feigning over… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 hours ago
- Just heard @CarlCameronFOX is retiring after 22 years. 😢 #CampaignCarl is the best!!! Ran into him at many political events over the years. 21 hours ago
- He was trying to save face on news the councils were disintegrating. Strategy Forum planned to inform the WH b4 making announcement public. 1 week ago
- RT @DougHeye: After that Trump press conference, I don't know how I can tell any minority why they should vote Republican. 1 week ago
- 2 days ago, he says he has tons of CEOs wanting to join. Now he disbands business advisory councils after more CEOs quit. 1 week ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Updated: Are GOProud and its Chapters Really Conservative
July 8, 2010Posted by on
For the better part of a year, GOProud has attempted to position itself as the conservative alternative to the Log Cabin Republicans. To their credit, they have been proactive in non-gay Republican issues. Their presence at this year’s CPAC conference garnered them tons earned media.
But recently, their bona fides as a conservative group are quickly dissipating. And as you pull back the layer of political spin, they are just another gay Republican group.
Last September, GOProud launched their first local chapter in Florida called the Sunshine Republicans
From the Miami Herald…
The Sunshine Republicans is being established as the first local extension in America of GOProud an organization of GLBT Republicans that consider themselves more conservative than the widely known Log Cabin Republicans. Several of the founding members of the local Sunshine Republicans are ex Log Cabin Republicans who recently split off to establish a fresh group with new vision.
So which is it, GOProud? Are you a conservative group, or are you just a bunch of wannabe’s?
As President of the DC Log Cabin Republicans, I can tell you that we will NEVER endorse a candidate who is not on the party line.
Just received a voice mail from Jimmy LaSalvia, Executive Director of GOProud (I just love how fast the interwebs are) saying that they had severed ties with Sunshine Republicans about six months ago. He went on to say that he would be more than happy to give me comments or an interview re. GOProud for future blog posts. I just hope he and his Board will extend the same courtesy to LCRs